sims 3 launcher wont launch

by emoChic1998

Original Post

sims 3 launcher wont launch

★ Novice

Hi OK so ive been playing the sims 4 lately and left my sims 3 game alone, well i tried to launch it 4 days ago and it didn't so these past few days ive been looking up ways to fix it and such as installing cccleaner and uninstalling the sims 3 games and origin, i even restarted my game, i deleted the sims 3 file in my documents file cause i was restarting and experiencing lag, its not the first time ive deleted it and in the past i would launch the game and the file would come back however thats not happening now, ive updated my hard drive and still not loading and ive constantly uninstalling and reinstalling just thinking it'll work at some point and yes i have tried to bypass the launcher and thats not working and no i haven't downloaded bit defender. 

Message 1 of 2 (260 Views)

Re: sims 3 launcher wont launch

@emoChic1998  Since you've tried uninstalling already, the usual place to start is to clean your computer's registry with a cleaner app and then reinstall.  If that's where you are now, the next step to try is to launch the game while your computer is completely offline.  You can sign into Origin and put it in offline mode, and then turn off wifi or pull the ethernet cord.  Sometimes the issue is the connection between the computer and EA servers, so severing the link can help.

If you still can't launch, please run a dxdiag on your computer and attach the results to a post here (use the Browse button).  Please also list the packs you have installed.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (251 Views)