Re: sims 3 from steam to orgin??

by Belisha_Beacon

Original Post

sims 3 from steam to orgin??

★★★ Newbie

my friend bought me the sims 3 bundle package on steam but i didn't realize it was only compatible with windows when i accepted it.

i'm using mac and i read that it would work if i put it on orgin

i don't really know how to do this and this is overwhelming me Frown

Message 1 of 5 (365 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@cloudytowns  Steam provides activation codes to be used in Origin. I think you right click the game in Steam to get the code. Then download and install Origin for mac - Origin download  Open Origin and make an account and then redeem the codes.

Message 2 of 5 (342 Views)

★★★ Newbie
i can't find that code anywhere
Message 3 of 5 (317 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@cloudytowns  Right click sims 3 in your game list. There should be an option CD Keys. Click it.

Message 4 of 5 (306 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@cloudytowns

Others have stated with steam version of the sims 3, in order to obtain the keys, the sims must be installed for it to generate a key.  Personally I do not recall this way, as  just right click the item and the key was displayed, even upon launch.

For you, this is useless, since the game cannot be installed on your Mac. You could always download WINE for the mac https://www.winehq.org which will allow you to install and play the Steam version of Sims 3.

If you choose not to use WINE, then you should contact Steam support and try to refund the bundle or trade/gift the bundle for another Steam game.

Good luck with that!Thinking

Message 5 of 5 (290 Views)