sims 3 expansion pack cannot be deleted

by Midge1632

Original Post

sims 3 expansion pack cannot be deleted

★★ Novice

I want to delete Island Paradise from my origin library, as whoever I purchased it from has "retired" or "discontinued" my code apparently. I want to repurchase it from EA. However according to someone from EA support - they need the retailer's permission to delete it, they cannot do it from their end without it apparently! Then whoever I was talking to did not reply for over 25 mins before ending the conversation!! Now I cannot get back in contact with anyone - can someone help me with the answer to my problem on here? 

Message 1 of 8 (765 Views)

Re: sims 3 expansion pack cannot be deleted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Midge1632, sorry to hear you've had a poor time of it with the EA Help reps. FrownUnfortunately we do not have visibility on your account to be able to check this out for you on the forum. You would need to do exactly what you have been and get in contact with the EA Help team again (via email, phone or chat) so they can take a look into this for you and assist where they can. 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 8 (756 Views)

★★ Novice

I would love to but every time I try and get back in contact, it only gives the option to phone, and it’s out of hours. No option for chat appears @- so much for contactable 24/7

Message 3 of 8 (739 Views)

@Midge1632  The common reason that a live chat option might not appear is that the user is in a region that doesn't currently have it available; setting the location to U.S. or U.K. (within the EA help site) will open the option.  But sometimes a particular case is complicated or sensitive enough to require a phone call, or it's already been escalated to a level that requires phone contact rather than live chat.  I have no idea if that's what happened to you, but it's certainly possible.

Unfortunately, it sounds like you'll have to wait until phone hours are open again.  In the U.S., that's typically normal business hours (Pacific time), with the caveat that everything is probably closed for the holiday tomorrow.  (You could call the U.K. office starting at 9 am GMT tomorrow; it might not be that expensive if you called over the internet.)  I'm sorry there isn't something available right now, but hopefully you'll get your answer soon.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 8 (723 Views)

★★ Novice

Spoke to another person today, on the phone. Problem not sorted in the slightest and I am very very angry with EA! As I do not remember who I purchased the game from (years ago) - could have been amazon, or local supermarket etc, they cannot solve it. Apparently EA cannot delete the installed code from my library without the retailer's permission, and therefore as I cannot remember who I purchased it from, it cannot be deleted, and I cannot purchase and install a new code from EA - meaning I will never be able to play Island Paradise again! Nevermind the fact I paid for the game, I own the code, and I want to give MY PERMISSION to delete, they apparently cannot. So very annoyed! Angry

Message 5 of 8 (704 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Midge1632, I'm so sorry your experience with the EA Help support team hasn't been more positive. From reading you post there, the advise doesn't add up for me at all. There must be something causing some confusion somewhere. Please leave it with me and I'll see if I can get to the bottom of this for you.

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 8 (686 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks so much, really appreciate it. Does seem very odd. 

Message 7 of 8 (665 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

A little bit @Midge1632 Standard smile The EA Help agent I spoke with has let me know they should be able to help here and will be in contact with you soon via email.

Message 8 of 8 (656 Views)