What does "you already have all the games in this order" mean?

by kb772000

Original Post

"You already have all the games in this order"?

★ Apprentice

When trying to purchase university life it tells me I already have all the games in this order. I tried also purchasing it from the website but it still told me that. Any solutions?

Message 5 of 15 (1,270 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I need help too...i can't buy it...

Message 1 of 15 (1,308 Views)

Re: What does "you already have all the games in this order" mean?

★★★ Newbie
I updated it and it wont work Frown
Message 2 of 15 (1,306 Views)

@patrice7834  I've split off your comments into their own thread because this issue was addressed and has resurfaced recently.

Currently, there is no guaranteed solution.  However, you can try one of several approaches:

• Buy through the Origin website rather than the Origin app
  • On the website, try to buy more than one pack at a time.  You may get the message "you already have one of the games in this order," but the purchase should still go through
  • Buy the pack from an authorized third-party seller, e.g. Amazon Direct
  • Have a friend gift you the pack from another account, or set up a second account and gift yourself

If none of these work, please post back saying so.  Please also list the pack(s) you can't buy.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 15 (1,295 Views)

★★★ Newbie

for me it was sims 3 university 

Message 4 of 15 (1,245 Views)

Re: "You already have all the games in this order"?

@SavPMA  This has been an issue for over a month now.  EA is aware, but there's no solution as of yet.  When there is, I'll post back.

In the meantime, you could try a few workarounds:

• If you want to buy more than one pack, place an order for both of them at the same time (I think this is only possible through the website, and maybe not all the time).  You may see the message "you already own one of the games in this order," but the purchase should still go through
  • Buy University Life from an authorized third-party seller. You can register the code to your account and then download the pack through Origin
  • Have a friend with an Origin account gift you the pack, or create a second account and gift yourself

Message 6 of 15 (1,252 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same!! It only happens with the sims 3 University Liife to.

Message 7 of 15 (1,256 Views)

@kb772000  I've split your comment into its own thread because the original thread is a bit old, and more to the point, the problem was solved and is now back again.

EA is aware of the issue but hasn't yet provided a solution.  In the meantime, there are several ways you might be able to buy University Life:

• Buy through the Origin website rather than the app.  It might also help to buy more than one pack at a time, if there's any other content you want.  You may see the message "you already have one of the games in this order," but the purchase should go through.
  • Buy from an authorized third-party seller and register the code in Origin.  You'll then be able to download the pack from your Origin library.
  • Have a friend or family member with an Origin account gift you the pack, or create a second account and gift yourself.

When there is a proper solution available, I'll post back, but until then, these workarounds are the only options.

Message 8 of 15 (1,251 Views)

"You already have all the games in this order" even though i dont have the pack

★ Novice

This has been bothering me for more than two days now and it's annoying me. I tried to purchase the Into the Future expansion pack and it only gave me this message but when i tried clicking on another pack, it works fine. Is this a common problem or am i just unlucky? I've also contacted the support but they only told me to just wait and try again later. It has been two days since i contacted them.

Message 9 of 15 (1,307 Views)

Re: "You already have all the games in this order" even though i dont

@mojangthesim  This has been an ongoing issue for some time now, and EA has yet to offer a fix.  So all you can really do is try a few workarounds; they've helped some people, at least.

• Buy through the Origin website, rather than the app.  If you're interested in more than one pack, you can try to buy them at the same time.  You might get the message "you already have one of the games in this order," but the purchase should still go through
  • Buy from an authorized third-party seller and register the code in Origin
  • Have a friend or family member gift you the pack, or create a second account and gift yourself

I'm not sure where you live, but given the price and time showing in your screenshot, are you in Australia?  Your best bet may be to buy a code from Amazon (Direct, not Marketplace, which just contains third-party sellers).  Steam also sells worldwide and provides CD keys for registering in Origin, but you need to own a copy of the base game in Steam before you can buy any packs.  Still, if the issue hasn't resolved in the next few weeks, you might catch Steam's New Year's sale.  Last year, the base game and packs were 75% off in the U.S., with similar discounts in a few other countries.

Message 10 of 15 (1,293 Views)