"Unable to Connect to the EA Download Manager"

by paunduh

Original Post

"Unable to Connect to the EA Download Manager"

★★★ Newbie

Hello there, my sims 3 game and expansion/stuff packs ran with no problems last year. Ever since, I get the error described in the title of this thread "Unable to Connect to the EA Download Manager". I have tried installing via the super install, running the starter as an administrator, unstalling and reinstalling. I've gotten rid of all sims components, and reinstalled Sims 3. That works fine, and is patched to 1.26.89.013001. I cannot download any of my stuff/expansion packs because the launcher will not allow me to update, and some store items won't work in my game because they require an updated version of the Sims 3. 

I run on a Windows 7, and the game is installed in Program Files (x86 I think?). I have had it installed to My Documents and it still has not worked. I'd be so grateful for someone to figure this out for me - I really would enjoy playing with expansions again. Please and thank you.

Message 1 of 5 (3,699 Views)

Re: "Unable to Connect to the EA Download Manager"

Hero

You get this error if your EA Download Manager (or new Origin) is not up-to-date or not installed.

Do you have Origin on your computer and is it updated ?

1.26 is a old patch though. The newest one is 1.36. Do you mean the super patch by super installer ? Did you get an error when applying it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (3,677 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have Origin and it's updated. I even reinstalled it just to make sure. But my game STILL says "Unable to connect to EA Download Manager". 

How can I fix this? I've already uninstalled and reinstalled Origin.

Message 3 of 5 (3,299 Views)

★ Novice

Mine is doing this aswell. and i have un & reinstalled origin.

Message 4 of 5 (3,275 Views)

Hero

Try the manual patch linked here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-39/td-p/67858/

I don't know what's going on with this message, too many seem to have it right now. Would need to do some research but don't have the time right now. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (3,273 Views)