"'The Sims 3 - University Life Installer' is damaged

by kabry

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

"'The Sims 3 - University Life Installer' is damaged

★★ Novice

I just purchased a digital copy of "The Sims 3 - University Life"  from Gametree, and while the download seems to work and the installer shows up, once I open the installer a message shows up that says : "'The Sims 3 - University Life Installer' is damaged and cannot be opened. You should eject the disk image.". Then it just quits Confusedmileysad:.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 6 (801 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "'The Sims 3 - University Life Installer' is damaged

★★ Novice

I found the solution. I had my privacy and security settings set so that only apps from the "Mac store or identified develpers" could be opened. Once I changed it to "Anywhere" it worked!! 

I hope this helps you!!

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (703 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem. I ordered my copy from gametree and have not been able to install the game for two days! I contacted gametree for a refund and they said I did not qualify and offered no assistance or solutions. Very angry. Have you found a way to fix this? Please let me know if you did (removed by EA staff for security reasons)

Message 2 of 6 (702 Views)

★★ Novice

I found the solution. I had my privacy and security settings set so that only apps from the "Mac store or identified develpers" could be opened. Once I changed it to "Anywhere" it worked!! 

I hope this helps you!!

Message 3 of 6 (704 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!

Message 4 of 6 (687 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you that really helps. I purchased the digital download from Game Tree Mac and they didn't know how to fix it.

Message 5 of 6 (677 Views)

Hero

That is really usuful info.

Could you please accept your post as solution to this thread so people see that this is solved and what the solution was ?

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (670 Views)