Re: moveobjects cheat is not working at all.

by squidthefox

Original Post

Accepted Solution

moveobjects cheat is not working at all.

★★★ Novice

A few days ago, after I made a new world, the "moveobjects on" cheat stopped working. All other cheats still work except "moveobjects on". I'm 101% sure I'm typing it in right. I have NO mods installed, only custom content, none of which is a .package file. There is no reason for this to be happening. I had this happen awhile ago with the "familyfunds" cheat, but it just kinda started working again randomly. It's starting to get very aggravating. What could be causing this and how do I fix it?

Message 1 of 6 (19,881 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
I got it to work by typing in "moveObjects on". I'm not sure why that worked, that's not how I've typed in ever before, but I'm glad it's working now, lol.

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (19,862 Views)

All Replies

@squidthefox  Try entering testingcheatsenabled true first, then moveobjects on.  If that alone doesn't help, try entering moveobjects off and testingcheatsenabled false, then turning them on in sequence.

If that doesn't help either, delete the five cache files in your game folder in Documents.  They can get clogged with stale data and should be deleted regularly even in the absence of game issues.  For reference, those files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

After deleting the caches, if you still can't use moveobjects, try turning off both cheats and then clearing your cache files again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (19,865 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
I got it to work by typing in "moveObjects on". I'm not sure why that worked, that's not how I've typed in ever before, but I'm glad it's working now, lol.
Message 3 of 6 (19,863 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I went looking for a reason why it wasn't working and typing the way you did worked for me as well so I guess they changed the cheat code.

Message 4 of 6 (18,129 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Didn't work for me. 

Message 5 of 6 (11,347 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread is older now, so I've locked it to prevent necro-posting.

If you need further help on this topic, please create a new thread so we can take a look with you Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 6 of 6 (11,328 Views)