Re: missing d3d9.dll

by roberta591

Original Post

@Ari204406  So you're not running SweetFX then?  (I just want to confirm.)

If not, there are a couple of file system checks you can run:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy “sfc /scannow” without quotes and enter

Please post the message you receive after running the second command.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 15 (691 Views)

★★ Novice

Im not sue What SweetFX is but this is what i got when i did this i put it in 3 more times and the same.

Message 12 of 15 (669 Views)

@Ari204406  It looks like you left out the spaces in the command, and also mistyped "online."  It might be easier to just copy the command into the window:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

And the same for the second one:

sfc /scannow

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 13 of 15 (657 Views)

★★ Novice
For some reason it doesnt let me paste when i right click ill try to put it in now
Message 14 of 15 (648 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

@Ari204406   Intel has a newer video driver for the Intel HD Graphics 4000. You need to update the driver. Your computer only has 32Mb of dedicated video memory and the minimum requirement for this game is 128Mb. Your computer has only 37.8Gb of free space and IMO is less then you need for a 3D graphical gaming computer. I recommend updating the video driver and freeing up as much space as you can on the hard drive and see if that helps.

Message 15 of 15 (631 Views)