island paradise crashing game :(

by Neebgirl

Original Post

island paradise crashing game :(

★★ Novice

Hello Guys. 

Last week i buy Island Paradise. I was have a big family, and i installed some mods. 

I play without island paradise with mods, and everything was okay. 

Now when i wanna get out in another home my game is crash... and go to desktop..

My PC : 

AMD-FX 6300, Six-Core Procesor, 8 GB Ram, and GeForce GTX 550Ti.

Could i please ask you to help, what to do? 

I really love mods with clotching, i dont wanna uinstall this.. 

So sorry for my english Frown

Could i please for help? 

Another cities or playing there was okay, dont crash or antyhing.

I was use Sims3Dashboard and this programm find some crash packages, but i delete something and now i installed this game again -.-

Can someone help me, because i really like mods, and Island Paradise? 

So many thanks/ 

Message 1 of 8 (470 Views)

Re: island paradise crashing game :(

@Neebgirl  I should say that your graphics card is good but not great, so I'm not sure how well it can handle the game's most demanding packs.  (Pets is the hardest on a graphics card, followed by Seasons, then Island Paradise and Into the Future.)  Adding these packs will increase the strain on your card, and at some point, you may have to lower your graphics settings to keep the game running well.

However, it's much more likely that the problems you're seeing are because of the world itself.  Isla Paradiso (the world) is so poortly made that it's almost unplayable without some serious edits.  Players on even the strongest systems have trouble running the game in IP and will see lag and crashes before too long.  (The rest of the content of the pack is fine.)

The solution is to either edit the world yourself, or download a version that a player named ciane has already fixed up.  In the following thread on the Sims forums, ciane described all of the edits she did to make IP playable, so you can copy her work or just download her finished product.  This version of IP is very well made, and lots of players use it.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag

If you're still having trouble even with a fixed version of IP, please run a dxdiag and attach it here using the "browse" button, so that we can make sure there isn't another issue with your system.  Please also list the other packs you have installed.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-PC-Only/m-p/1049584/thread-id/47181

P.S.  Don't worry about your English; I understood you just fine.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (453 Views)

★★ Novice
Thanks for answer. I have Late Night only and High-End Loft. I use some mods, and you're right, when i play on another world, everything is okay. So i think this IP is just crash, but i could installed IP but make family on another world. I will try, thank you so much! Standard smile
Message 3 of 8 (434 Views)

★★ Novice
Oh and i have Dragon Valley too. Standard smile
Message 4 of 8 (431 Views)

★★ Novice
yesterday i was play on Riverwiev, and my game crash too...
I dont have many mods, really. And i dont know what happend. I specially buy oryginal game to not crashing, but pirate was better... i mean, i could big, big family and game dont crash. I dont know what to do... i have everything new in my PC, only not Graphic Card. This card is buy from my friend, she is old.. but battlefield 4 is okay when i play. Why this game could be crashed? I search Sims3Dashboard my mods, and everyone was okay, no duplicate, conflict or corrupt... but in packages from game ( original ) was six packages corrupted, or conflict.. so i dont know what happend and what to do..
Message 5 of 8 (409 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Neebgirl  To find out whether your mods are causing issues (not just conflicts, but anything else that could make the game crash), you can pull your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game again, a clean folder will spawn with no content—no saves, no store worlds, no mods, etc.  Play a new save in a world like Sunset Valley for a bit, just to make sure everything's working.  If it is, you can start adding content into the clean folder, a bit at a time.  Add a few mods, play again to make sure they work too, then maybe make a copy of one of your saves and test it out, and so on.  The point is to find out if any of your content is corrupt or otherwise causing issues.

The problem with old graphics cards is that you don't know how they've been used.  Even if your friend took good care of the card, it's old, and it might just be close to the end of its life.  Even when it was new, it probably wouldn't have been able to handle all TS3 expansions on high settings, and it likely isn't running as well as it used to.  TS3 is very hard on graphics cards, even more so than many newer games (including TS4), so it's possible that your card can still keep up with the demands of the other games you're playing.  If the rest of the computer is new, it's a good idea to look into buying a new card too, if possible.  You'll need at least an Nvidia 1050 ti (or 960, if you happen to see one) or AMD equivalent to run the most demanding packs on high settings.

Edit:  Someone who's better than this than I am pointed out that on a desktop, you'll be fine with an Nvidia GTX 950 or 1050 (again, or AMD equivalent) if you're just playing TS3.  Laptops need a bit more help, but that's not relevant here.

Message 6 of 8 (397 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much for help Standard smile

Message 7 of 8 (390 Views)

@Neebgirl  I edited my reply above to reflect desktop specs, if you're still interested in getting a new card.  Sorry for the double tag, but I figured if you decide to go shopping, you might want to know.

Message 8 of 8 (380 Views)