how to add more then 8 sims to a household?

by PariahPlays

Original Post

how to add more then 8 sims to a household?

★★★ Newbie

So I am already working with a mod that allows me to have more then 8 sims by them having unlimited children, but with debug commands I cant keep adding more sims to the household by right clicking them. Is there a way to work around that and move all the neighborhood sims in?

Message 1 of 4 (2,278 Views)

Re: how to add more then 8 sims to a household?

[ Edited ]

@PariahPlays  This isn't really the site for mod help, but since you're already here....  The easiest way to move townies into different households, including your own, is with MasterController.  To add an inactive sim to a specific household, click on the ground on that lot, select NRaas > MC > Add Sim, and find the sim(s) you want to add.  (When the filters come up, you can press X to dismiss them and just see a list of every inactive sim in town.)

It should be noted, though, that the more sims you add to your active household, the more of a performance hit your game will take.  Having 12 sims instead of 8 might not be a big deal, but 30 will make a noticeable difference.  TS3 is only 32-bit, so no matter how good the specs of your computer, the game won't be able to use more than around 3.5 GB RAM before it becomes unstable and in danger of crashing.  Depending on how many packs you're running, you might hit the RAM limit long before you've added all the sims you want.

If you're interested in managing the lives of many sims in your town, you might want to look into rotational play.  Sites like NRaas and MTS have message boards where experienced mod users can help you set up the play style you want.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (2,246 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I'm afraid there's something missing here. There are no NRaas > (command) entries that show up like that unless you use HotKeys. We have to specifiy the mod being used, in this case MasterController, first. So NRaas > MC > Add Sim.

MC has a setting in its options that must first be switched on first to allow for Greater Than Eight.

There are six NRaas mods that allow for overstuffed houses in different ways, many of us have all of them in play anyway. But which ones are absolutely required depends on what the player is trying to do and how they plan to work with them. They are described here.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Which%20Mod%20FAQ#Overstuffed

(Disregard any notices about Wikispaces shutting down, we know that and it's business as usual over there until we move to our new site)

And yes, I agree that you can't really move an entire town into one household if we are talking about more than 15 or 20 sims for various reasons and that this discussion should take place on a site devoted to mods, such as at NRaas itself, not here on AHQ. 

Message 3 of 4 (2,243 Views)

Yes, sorry igazor, I wasn't paying attention when I loaded the (obviously incomplete) autosaved draft.  Bad me.  Maybe I should get my eyes checked.  But it's fixed now.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (2,228 Views)