Re: how do i link my EA account to sims 3 community account?

by ChimeraGryphon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

how do i link my EA account to sims 3 community account?

★ Novice

I've purchased the sims 3 and almost all its expansion pack via Steam.  I'd like to know how to link my EA account to sims3 account. I've tried connecting by signing up for a sims 3 account but that doesn't seem to work. It just keeps looping to the same sign up page after I click sign up. I do not know what I am doing wrong. Please help!

Message 1 of 18 (12,122 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

I'm not sure how long ago this post was made..I too was having the same issue..When you buy the game on Steam you get a Product code to put into your Origin account. after you have signed into your account go to your games and in the top right corner should be a tab that says add a game (Click Redeem Product Code) and then you should be all set, I hope this helps someone

View in thread

Message 11 of 18 (14,571 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@sym7483  When you create an Origin account you should be able to log in to thesims3.com with the same login and password as Origin.

Message 2 of 18 (12,047 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same thing happen too me to this suck.. need help tooo
Message 3 of 18 (12,040 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@unikitty1711  Are you a Steam user?

Message 4 of 18 (12,017 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My girlfriend is having the same problem, we're unable to sign into the Sims3 for the online content. We can sign in via the web (obviously, or I wouldn't be here) and I've reset the password and done everything the support agent said, but the game still sign in, it says the email or password is invalid (it's not, I'm online here)

I'm posting about this on Facebook as well, hopefully, I'll get some help somewhere. My girlfriend's first support ticket was closed and ignored and YES, I'm a steam user.

Message 5 of 18 (12,012 Views)

★★★ Newbie

After wiping Micro$oft Edge's cookies and cache and Internet Exploder's cookies and cache and resetting internet settings back to defaults, I finally was able to connect online again. It's a shame that EA support staff was less helpful than the forum.

Message 6 of 18 (12,001 Views)

★★ Novice

Pretty sure you cant connect Orgin to Steam

Message 7 of 18 (11,998 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ChimeraGryphon  Steam installs the game differently then Origin. When you create an account in EA you use the Origin customer account portal and your login and password is the same for Origin and thesims3.com. Because Steam installs different the thesims3.com store DLC may not install correctly. You can get codes from your Steam account and use those codes in Origin. The structure of the sims games is complex as DLC addons can be problematic. I use both EA Origin and Valve's Steam and have few problems.

Message 8 of 18 (11,983 Views)

★ Novice
Thanks, I think I was just doing things wrong, with the many accounts and passwords I use.
Message 9 of 18 (11,944 Views)

★ Novice
Steam is just a platform, an entry point for all my games, it still redirects me to sims 3 (which I assume is EA/Origin). I was able to link it now. Thanks for all your replies. Standard smile
Message 10 of 18 (11,943 Views)