Re: how do I use the color change arrow when modifying objects etc.?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

how do I use the color change arrow when modifying objects etc.?

★★★ Newbie

When I try to use the color changing arrow to go from light to dark it doesn't move.

Message 1 of 2 (264 Views)

Re: how do I use the color change arrow when modifying objects etc.?

@pmarriott68  You mean, the color arrow that you can move from left to right along a spectrum from light to dark?  I can move it either by dragging it, or clicking where I want it to go.  If neither of these works for you, try clearing the cache files in your TS3 game folder (the one in Documents).  For reference, those files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If that doesn't help, try dragging your entire game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Play around with Create-a-Style to see if everything works.  If it does, you can quit, delete your cache files, and then move your saves and other content from your old game folder to your new one.  Here's a list of everything in there, and what you might want to preserve:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

If you can't move the arrow even in a clean game folder, then I'm not sure what's wrong.  But if all else fails, you can manually adjust the numbers for red, green, and blue.  I think that zeros across the board means black, but I could have that backwards.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (254 Views)