Re: how do I buy simpoints without using origin because i bought sims through st

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

how do I buy simpoints without using origin because i bought sims through steam

★ Novice

I bought sims 3 using steam and also bought quite a few expansion packs and i wanted to get some simpoints because it says your supposed to get some when you register the game but i was never able to anyway i wanted to but some and i cant seems to figure out how to but it without using origin. I looked it up and was able to find some people saying that you can but it through origin and it still work with steam not only did that not make to much sense to me but i still went to see if i could and it was telling me i had to own the game otherwise the simpoints i bought would be basically stored until i bought the game on origin. so i was just wondering if there was any other way that i could buy them. Thank you

Message 1 of 2 (11,135 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: how do I buy simpoints without using origin because i bought sims through st

@Shally0512  You can still get points for your Steam purchase if you register the codes either in Origin or at the Sims 3 store (https://store.thesims3.com/).  You'll need to create an account if you don't already have one.  The store is often more reliable than Origin; just scroll down to the bottom of the page, select "register a game," and enter your Steam codes.  You can find these when you select TS3 in your Steam library—the base game and packs should each have a corresponding code listed under the heading "CD keys."  You'll get 1,000 SimPoints each for the base game and World Adventures.

Another bonus for registering your codes is that should you ever decide to switch to an Origin install, you'll be able to download everything you bought in Steam for free from your Origin library.

All of the content that you can buy with SimPoints is managed through the Sims 3 Store; Origin plays no part in purchasing or downloading content.  When you buy an item in the store, you can download it directly from the item's page, and everything you bought will be available for redownloading in your purchase history should you ever need it.  All of the store items work perfectly well with a Steam install, although Steam users have recently not been receiving the store patch.  To find out whether you have one, check your ContentPatch folder (in your TS3 folder in Documents).  If all you find in there is an empty Downloads folder, you can download the appropriate files from the link in this post:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16341942/#Comment_16341942

If you want more SimPoints, I believe you have to buy them through Origin.  But you don't need to install the app on your computer.  You can buy through the website; just make sure you're using the same EA/Origin account to which you registered your games.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (11,213 Views)

All Replies

@Shally0512  You can still get points for your Steam purchase if you register the codes either in Origin or at the Sims 3 store (https://store.thesims3.com/).  You'll need to create an account if you don't already have one.  The store is often more reliable than Origin; just scroll down to the bottom of the page, select "register a game," and enter your Steam codes.  You can find these when you select TS3 in your Steam library—the base game and packs should each have a corresponding code listed under the heading "CD keys."  You'll get 1,000 SimPoints each for the base game and World Adventures.

Another bonus for registering your codes is that should you ever decide to switch to an Origin install, you'll be able to download everything you bought in Steam for free from your Origin library.

All of the content that you can buy with SimPoints is managed through the Sims 3 Store; Origin plays no part in purchasing or downloading content.  When you buy an item in the store, you can download it directly from the item's page, and everything you bought will be available for redownloading in your purchase history should you ever need it.  All of the store items work perfectly well with a Steam install, although Steam users have recently not been receiving the store patch.  To find out whether you have one, check your ContentPatch folder (in your TS3 folder in Documents).  If all you find in there is an empty Downloads folder, you can download the appropriate files from the link in this post:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16341942/#Comment_16341942

If you want more SimPoints, I believe you have to buy them through Origin.  But you don't need to install the app on your computer.  You can buy through the website; just make sure you're using the same EA/Origin account to which you registered your games.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (11,214 Views)