Re: expansions won't load

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

expansions won't load

★★★ Novice

After a reinstall of the base game, I went to reinstall the expansions which worked perfectly fine. I went into the game launcher and selected all the expansions like you are supposed to do. When I load up the game, none of these expansions load, yet I checked them all. When I check launcher, it shows that I never selected them and every time I try the same thing happens. I've found some questions similar and tried some of these options with no luck. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (339 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Of course.

I learn a lot of these troubleshooting steps from all you folk and try to pass it on.

Whenever I have  a launcher issue I try clearing IE first.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (299 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@brandontaylor615  So, I was all set to give the usual steps (restart your computer, uncheck the boxes, then recheck, clean game folder, clear Origin's cache, uninstall Origin "the hard way"), in the hopes that you'd missed one of those steps, and it would work.  But I thought I'd try it myself, checking the one pack I installed for testing, and none of these steps reset my preferences.  Then I saw GraceyManor's reply to you on the Sims forums, and lo and behold, she was exactly right—clearing Internet Explorer's cache was precisely what was needed.

Since the game is being difficult, you might need to clear IE's cache more than once, switching between checking off all the packs and unchecking them.  But happens to not work, you can try the approaches I mentioned above.

Spoiler

Thanks @graceymanors, that was a nice one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (322 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Of course.

I learn a lot of these troubleshooting steps from all you folk and try to pass it on.

Whenever I have  a launcher issue I try clearing IE first.

Message 3 of 3 (300 Views)