Re: copy more expensive than original painting

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

copy more expensive than original painting

★★ Apprentice

Hello,

I made a painting, it's worth 329.
When I make a copy of it, I can sell it by above 700 price.
This seems like unlimited source of money, and not logical.

Message 1 of 10 (2,077 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@krecha_ae; What game are you talking about?

This forum is for "A Way Out". 

There are no paintings in that game.

Message 2 of 10 (2,006 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The Sims 3. Is there a way to move topic to another forum?

Message 3 of 10 (1,215 Views)

Community Manager

@krecha_ae 

I moved your thread to the correct board.

barry.png
Message 4 of 10 (1,201 Views)
Highlighted

@krecha_ae  There's a lot about Sims 3 that isn't logical.  If the painting you've described has appreciated in value, though, say to just over §350, maybe the process of copying it accidentally doubles the value.  Or maybe this is just a random glitch in the system.

Regardless, there's not a whole lot you can do about it except not copy paintings.  TS3 has been out of development for over five years, and there are no patches forthcoming.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 10 (1,183 Views)

★★ Pro

I've had something similar happen in a recent game. Though the appreciated value of the copy was that much more than the original price. Maybe a difference of $200.

I'm figuring the longer they sit in your inventory the more they appreciate in value, even the copies.

Message 6 of 10 (1,144 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict could you please provide the source of this information? I can't see The Sims 3 for PC on this site: https://www.ea.com/service-updates/r-z.

Message 7 of 10 (1,084 Views)

@krecha_ae  The link you provided lists all the games whose online services have shut down, or are scheduled to be shut down.  Sims 3 for PC/mac isn't on the list because the online component is still very much active, and EA has made no announcement about winding it down.  The shutdown of the console version was announced a month in advance, so I wouldn't expect any sudden loss of access for PC/mac.

Message 8 of 10 (1,077 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict I'm asking again - can you provide the source of this information? "TS3 has been out of development for over five years"
Because EA consultant denied it.

Message 9 of 10 (990 Views)

@krecha_ae  I don't know what consultant you talked to, but if you're referring to someone from EA customer support, their information is notoriously unreliable.  We get all kinds of reports here that someone contacted EA about a bug, and EA help said it would be fixed in a future patch.  But there are no future patches; the last one that changed anything about the game itself was 1.67, released in January 2014.

https://www.thesims3.com/game/patches

Patch 1.69 didn't change TS3 itself; it just forced people with Origin installs to launch the game through Origin, and added the pack selector to the launcher.  Therefore, both 1.67 and 1.69 are considered current.  1.69 was released in November 2015 and tweaked a couple of months later.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_3/Patch_69

There is no official source that says that 1.69 didn't change the game, but every single script mod in existence that was released for patch 1.67 is also compatible with 1.69, and vice versa.  This means that the game code used by all of these mods is exactly the same for the two patches.

EA is not prone to making the kind of official, sweeping statement that you seem to be looking for.  But no new patches, and no new content, means that there's no one at EA currently producing anything for TS3.  So either the people currently employed to work on the game have been doing nothing for several years, or there is no development team at all.

Message 10 of 10 (984 Views)