certificate info does not exist

by BaconGamerGirl44

Original Post

Accepted Solution

certificate info does not exist

★★★ Newbie
I downloaded the sims 3 on my PC and when it was done downloading I got a notification window saying game certificate info doesn't exist. Please somebody help me!
Message 1 of 8 (508 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: certificate info does not exist

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@BaconGamerGirl44  It should work - if you still have issues just post. There are some Ebay sellers that are getting codes from some place but they are not authorized sellers. If you bought the game in the case with the disc the code should be good as that is packaged by EA. The package HAS to be sealed as once a code is used that code can not be reused. If you buy your code from an unauthorized seller and you have a problem you have to contact that seller for a solution. First find if your previous purchase is legal. If you bought a code from an Ebay seller you could contact the financial institution (bank maybe?) you used to pay for the code and try a charge back claiming you didn't get what you paid for. If the company hasn't folded yet you may have a chance (good chance) of getting your money back or at least settling the issue.

add: the email tells me you may have bought the code from an Ebay seller and contained the code you require. Next time save those emails as they can become important in the future.

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (566 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@BaconGamerGirl44  Did you download the game or install from disc? Is your computer a pc or mac? Where did you buy the game? Did you redeem the code in Origin? If you bought the game from Origin - login to Origin - right click the game icon - click game properties - read the code. If the game icon is not in your Origin account you need to create an account and redeem the code.

Message 2 of 8 (498 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thankyou so much for getting back to me! My device is a laptop, I bought the sims 3 off origin. I downloaded it from origin but purchased it on another website.
Message 3 of 8 (493 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@BaconGamerGirl44  What website did you buy it from?

Message 4 of 8 (489 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I can't recall my browsing history deletes itself everyday and I downloaded The Sims 3 last week sorry.
Message 5 of 8 (486 Views)

★★★ Newbie
But I am currently downloading The Sims 3 Starter Pack straight from Origin and I purchased it straight from Origin so hopefully it might work this time but I have to wait and see.
Message 6 of 8 (485 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@BaconGamerGirl44  It should work - if you still have issues just post. There are some Ebay sellers that are getting codes from some place but they are not authorized sellers. If you bought the game in the case with the disc the code should be good as that is packaged by EA. The package HAS to be sealed as once a code is used that code can not be reused. If you buy your code from an unauthorized seller and you have a problem you have to contact that seller for a solution. First find if your previous purchase is legal. If you bought a code from an Ebay seller you could contact the financial institution (bank maybe?) you used to pay for the code and try a charge back claiming you didn't get what you paid for. If the company hasn't folded yet you may have a chance (good chance) of getting your money back or at least settling the issue.

add: the email tells me you may have bought the code from an Ebay seller and contained the code you require. Next time save those emails as they can become important in the future.

Message 7 of 8 (567 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you for all your help! I will be sure to post if I'm having any more problems with the game.
Message 8 of 8 (466 Views)