Re: cant save my sims 3

by SandArcher

Original Post

Accepted Solution

cant save my sims 3

★★★ Novice

i cant save my game.  every time that i try to save it will just stay on the screen with saving on it.  i thought it was just that town so i did ctrl-alt-delete to exit the game and went to my other one and tryed to save.  the same thing happened.  i uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the same thing.  i went to the repair game op to see if that would if the problem, it didnt.  please help i miss my sims 3 

Message 1 of 5 (8,695 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

@Hunter59801 

Okay, so what happens once you put the particular save back in? Does it immediately not save or does it work? 

Your best chance if it isn't working is to either restore a backup or to save the family to the library via edit town and move them into a fresh save/

To restore a backup - your save is called Sunsetvalley as an example: 

• go to documents : electronicarts : sims3 : saves
  • find Sunsetvalley.sims3 and rename it (right click -- rename) to Sunsetvalley.sims3.123 
  • find Sunsetvalley.sims3.backup and rename it to Sunsetvalley.sims3
  • Launch the game

@rumbutter if this does not help user, any ideas please? Will be away and unable to answer post til weekend

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (9,437 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
Message 2 of 5 (8,686 Views)

★★★ Novice

thank you for your time but that didnt work.  i made a new town just to see if i could save it and it worked.  but i really want to play and save my time on my 1st town.   please help if you can

Message 3 of 5 (8,679 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

@Hunter59801 

Okay, so what happens once you put the particular save back in? Does it immediately not save or does it work? 

Your best chance if it isn't working is to either restore a backup or to save the family to the library via edit town and move them into a fresh save/

To restore a backup - your save is called Sunsetvalley as an example: 

• go to documents : electronicarts : sims3 : saves
  • find Sunsetvalley.sims3 and rename it (right click -- rename) to Sunsetvalley.sims3.123 
  • find Sunsetvalley.sims3.backup and rename it to Sunsetvalley.sims3
  • Launch the game

@rumbutter if this does not help user, any ideas please? Will be away and unable to answer post til weekend

Message 4 of 5 (9,438 Views)

★★★ Novice

i want to thank you.  the renameing of the saved files work.  now i can play my sims and save i too.

Message 5 of 5 (8,665 Views)