Re: You already have all the games in this order

by starlysh

Original Post

@HannahCanada  You're right, Steam won't let you buy any packs unless you've already bought the base game from Steam specifically.  But there are other authorized sellers of TS3, including Amazon Direct (not Marketplace, which hosts third-party sellers who might give you a used code).  Here's a list of all authorized sellers:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/

Unfortunately, there's no solution yet for this issue.  If and when there is, I'll post back in this thread.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 31 of 79 (905 Views)

★ Apprentice

Right, but don't those sellers only sell hard copies of the game? I only need a code/digital download. I'd rather not get the CD, packaging and have it shipped to me...

Message 32 of 79 (897 Views)

@HannahCanada  I believe that Amazon sells codes as well as disc copies; other retailers may also offer both.  But the product page should tell you.  Disc copies are usually harder to find than digital, so I doubt you'd be unable to get a code.

Message 33 of 79 (893 Views)

★ Apprentice

Unfortunately -- at least in Canada, for TS3 -- they do not. Walmart, etc. don't even have it as a listed product or it is "currently unavailable." Since EA will only let me purchase through Origin, and Origin no longer has a shopping cart, I can't even buy something else with it to make it go through. So frustrating.

Thanks for trying to help though...

Message 34 of 79 (887 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

If your issue has not been resolved, when I tried purchasing I was getting the error as well. What worked was on the origin app/client on PC, I went to the store option (located on the left side). Add filter less that $10 (since it's currently on sale for $5), then add filter simulation. Click the epansions you want, click add to order, than purchase. I was finally able to purchase late night and University.

Message 35 of 79 (819 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I tried your method step by step but it still unfortunately doesn't work for me. But thanks! Although now I'm slightly bummed that I'm missing this great sale.

Update: I was able to buy Into the Future through Origin's website instead of the app! This makes my day haha. Thanks! 

Message 36 of 79 (812 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

You're welcome. 

So I just tried to see if I could purchase another Sims 3 game I don't own (just to see if origin fixed the problem). When I tried on their site it only worked if I did it through the store, it wouldn't work if I tried to purchase it through my game library, or by searching for it.

I am wondering if it only works through the store option. So did you have to use the store option on the website? Or maybe the solution is just random.

Message 37 of 79 (795 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I'm having the same issue with University, Future, and Island. I cleared the cache AND tried to buy on the online store in Chrome, still no luck.

Message 38 of 79 (784 Views)

@BunnyNarwhal  When you say you cleared the cache, did you mean a browser cache or the one for Origin?  Clearing Origin's cache might in fact help, although it doesn't always.  You could also try uninstalling and reinstalling Origin itself (the hard way), which wouldn't affect your installed games.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

Did you also try using filters in the Origin app, as worked for @Aim4Strange above?  Here's the post, in case you missed it:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

You might also try to buy different combinations of packs; a different order could possibly go through.  Or if you have a friend or family member with an Origin account, that person might be able to gift you the packs, and you could pay them back.

Message 39 of 79 (762 Views)

★★★ Novice

Were you able to purchase the game. 

Today when I try to purchase a Sims 3 game I don't own it works, I no longer receive the error. So maybe origin fixed the issue. 

Message 40 of 79 (749 Views)