Re: Logging into the Sims 3

by EA_Mai

Original Post

★ Guide

I have done that, I cleared the IE cache and reset as suggested, still no joy. I did get the welcome screen ok - just could not log on. Then followed the advice to clear IE and the welcome screen has gone.

Message 41 of 53 (923 Views)

★ Guide

OK not sure if this helps...I reinstalled IE11, started sims 3 and now have the launcher back again. Still no idea how to sort the log on thing though. All I know is when you delete or reset IE you lose the launcher page.

Message 42 of 53 (913 Views)

EA app Team

Thanks a lot for sharing those details with us!

Please, give it another try now, it should allow you to log in again Standard smile

Let us know how that goes!

@silverwood02 I'm not sure what happened there, but if things are working again with the launcher now, could you please try to log in the main menu as well?

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 43 of 53 (3,649 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Just wanted you to know that the Sims 3 is still not fixed. At least not for me. The "Welcome" page on the launcher is still a blank blue screen. And I still can't sign on in the "Main Menu" page when the game uploads. I can only play offline.

Message 44 of 53 (873 Views)

★★ Apprentice

All my problems seem to be gone now, ok I tried this only once and I heard that others were still capable of signing in every once in a while.  I couldn't, had to delete the gamefiles in order to achieve login.

Now, I could login straight away and best thing is my store items showed back up also, anyway I'm happy now, let's hope it stays this way Standard smile

Message 45 of 53 (860 Views)

EA app Team
Thanks for confirming @RadioMan71! When you mention you deleted the gamefiles, do you mean you reset your user folder? You still kept your save games, right?

@nycbigl, could you please follow these steps one more time now that things should be back to normal, and try to log in again?:
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Go to Tools - Internet options - Advanced
3. Select 'Reset' and check the box 'Delete personal Settings'
4. Restart IE

If that doesn't work, could you go to Documents > Electronic Arts, rename 'The Sims 3' folder as 'The Sims 3 no login' and check again?
When you open the game you will notice your Sims are gone. If you can log in now, let me know and I'll explain how to get your saves, downloads, etc. back. Wink

Thanks,
-Mai
Message 46 of 53 (838 Views)

★ Guide

Ok I have tried the game three times now, each time I get the main launcher and am able to log on ok. I don't know what my issue was, but it seems to have been resolved now. Thank you for all your help.

Keith

Message 47 of 53 (835 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_Mai  The first time I didn't, at that time I only deleted my savegame, the second time I just didn't want to do the boring stuff again, so I kept my savegame.  I did have problems with not logging in and loosing my store items, but @puzzlezaddict  told me that that was probably due to a corrupted folder, so that's when I actually deleted the user folder (except the save games)  But in the end that didn't work, because the next time I couldn't login again and when I still started the game without logging in, all my store items were gone again….. But this problem seemed to have been solved too, so I'm totally happy.

Message 48 of 53 (820 Views)
Highlighted

EA app Team
Glad to hear that @RadioMan71 Standard smile
Message 49 of 53 (816 Views)

★ Novice

Hello. I have tried all of the steps you provided and I am still unable to log in on the main menu screen but am able to on the launcher.

Message 50 of 53 (798 Views)