Why is Sims 3 taking so long to install through Origin? Help?

by chaleedmcgill

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why is Sims 3 taking so long to install through Origin? Help?

★★★ Newbie

Last Thursday I bought a brand new HP laptop, and since the day I bought I have been trying to install Sims 3. Until last night (Sunday) it was only at 36%, so I made Origin an administrator and restarted Origin and my laptop. Right now, it is only 5%. Granted, it is going a little faster, I just don't want to wait a week or so for my game to be playable. I have searched all over the internet for a solution, but everything checks out. My internet is great, but the game just won't download fast enough. The game maybe took 30 minutes to download on my HP desktop (which I don't use anymore). Help?

Message 1 of 6 (1,842 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why is Sims 3 taking so long to install through Origin? Help?

Hero (Retired)

@chaleedmcgill What is the speed of your internet? Are you downloading by wifi? What is your wifi connection?

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (2,083 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@chaleedmcgill What is the speed of your internet? Are you downloading by wifi? What is your wifi connection?

Message 2 of 6 (2,084 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@roberta591 Origin is showing my network speed going down every time I look at it. Strangely, I have solved my installation issues. By using my laptop (like watching a movie online) while my game is downloading raises the percentage up a lot! It has gone from 8% 3 hours ago to 93% as I am typing this, I never would've known that I should use my laptop while it's downloading. I would've thought that if I didn't use my laptop (but keep it awake so the game downloads), the game would download. Thank you for your help but I am pretty sure my game will be finished installing in just a short while. Standard smile

Message 3 of 6 (1,824 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@chaleedmcgill Glad you figured out a way to get it to work. Although it is contrary to the way it is supposed to work. Good luck

Message 4 of 6 (1,817 Views)

★★★★ Novice
i have this exact problem with this same game. mines been downloading since monday and it'll get to 88 but go back down to 81, then if got to 92 but dropped back down to 81
Message 5 of 6 (1,773 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I as well am having this problem would love to be able to solve issue if anyone knows what I could do to make my game download fast would be apricated?

Message 6 of 6 (1,256 Views)