Why is Sims 3 crashing at the loading screen?

by milksfull

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why is Sims 3 crashing at the loading screen?

★ Novice

So I wanted to install a patch, and I tried installing it, but forgot to remove my custom content. It kept crashing at the loading screen and I wondered why so I took out my custom content and it still crashed at loading screen. I even restarted my computer and tried launching it again, then I put the custom content back in and tried that, too. Nothing's working. What should I do? Confusedmileymad:

Message 1 of 9 (25,016 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why is Sims 3 crashing at the loading screen?

Hero

Did you ever install mods the 'old' way in programs or via the helper installer monkey ? If so. maybe something is still hiding there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (28,005 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Crashing on loading is usually due to an incompatible scripting mod. Either you still have one hiding somewhere or you forgot to delete the cache files.

Best is to move the entire mods folder to the desktop and then delete the cache files.

Go to documents\ea\thesims3 and delete these files

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (24,979 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you, I just did what you suggested, but it still wouldn't work. But thanks for the effort.

Message 3 of 9 (24,976 Views)

Hero

Did you ever install mods the 'old' way in programs or via the helper installer monkey ? If so. maybe something is still hiding there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (28,006 Views)

★ Novice

Hmmm, well I just searched through folders again, and I found something. I removed it, I'm going to try Sims again. It worked! Thank you for the help. Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 5 of 9 (24,970 Views)

Hero

Great.

Thanks for the feedback and for accepting a solution Standard smile 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (24,967 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can you share what you did that made it work? I'm having this same problem.

Message 7 of 9 (21,486 Views)

★ Novice

What did you search in the folders? My game is doing the same thing

Message 8 of 9 (13,759 Views)

@RedVelvetGirl1  This is an extremely old post, and the solution only applies if you tried to add mods to the program files instead of the game folder in Documents.  If you'd like help with your current issue, please describe it more fully, including where in the process the game crashes as well as any error messages you see.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 9 (13,743 Views)