Re: Where'd All My Content Go?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Where'd All My Content Go?

★ Novice

I've been playing the Sims 3 for quite awhile now, have ALMOST all the expansion packs, stuffs, worlds, etc. However, I've noticed that when I open the game launcher...

1. my previous games are now greyed out saying "cannot load save game. it may have been saved with expansion pack data that is no longer present on this system" ...which is odd since at one time I've obviously been able to play it . lol

2. (regarding Sims 3 Island Paradise) I wanted to create a new game on the Isla Paradiso, but that world isn't even showing up on my drop down. (again, I already have it installed)

3. So I pick a different world and begin creating my new players and behold, I'm missing LOADS of special content, etc from other packs that I've purchased and I don't even have the option to create a pet Frown (yes, I indeed have the Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition Expansion Pack as well).

I've been googling/youtubing/etc all possible explanations. I don't know, maybe I'm overlooking certain people's posts or what not so I apologize if I did or if these questions have already been asked/answered . I've already contacted EA a number of times, but they don't seem to be helping me much Frown Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Message 1 of 6 (273 Views)

@PigglyWigglyBoo  Try clearing Origin's cache, and if that doesn't work, uninstalling Origin "the hard way" and reinstalling.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

If these steps don't help, it's possible that some of your packs have been deactivated by EA.  This could be a mistake, but if you bought from any unauthorized third-party sellers, it's possible that you received bad codes.  EA has been blocking such codes for a couple of years now, often weeks or months after the initial purchase.  It also sometimes happens that legitimate codes are blocked along with bad ones, so it wouldn't be surprising if some of your disc- or Origin-bought packs didn't work as well.

The only way to find out if this is what happened to you is to contact EA customer support and specifically ask if your codes are still valid.  If not, you'll need to request that they be removed from your account.  There's no way to get this information through Origin, much less fix the problem.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (263 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you! Standard smile How do I clear Origin's cache? I've bought all my expansion packs, stuffs, etc from Best Buy throughout the years. All unopened. When I send specific codes to EA (codes which I already activated through my account with & have been safely tucked away in their boxes since the day I bought them) they said they were already in use from another account. Which is impossible since I'm the only one that's ever used the codes. I've had the same PC for like...6/7 years now and have never played them on any other device. (laptop, other person's computer, etc). I havent played my sims 3 in maybe, 2 years though due to work/school, but am anxiously awaiting to get back into them again Standard smile
Message 3 of 6 (259 Views)

★ Novice

My apologizes, I see the links you've sent me. thank you. lol Standard smile

Message 4 of 6 (258 Views)

★ Novice

As I'm deleting the files, a few of them are saying "The action can't be completed because the file is open in Origin"...Origin is closed on my end, so what am I suppose to do now?

Message 5 of 6 (250 Views)

@PigglyWigglyBoo  I take it you've quit Origin already.  But the Origin Web Helper service might be running in the background.  Right-click on the taskbar and select Task Manager, then scroll through the entries looking for anything that says Origin, and end the task(s).  Then you should be able to delete everything.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 6 (248 Views)