Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

When I try to launch The Sims 3, I get a dialogue saying, "Unable to start game; Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)."

by ThereisnoLion

Original Post

Accepted Solution

When I try to launch The Sims 3, I get a dialogue saying, "Unable to start game; Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)."

★★★★ Novice
When I try to launch The Sims 3 by running TS3W.exe, I get a dialogue saying, "Unable to start game; Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)." If I try and run the launcher, I get an error saying, "There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details. I have The Sims 3 base game installed as well ass the following expansion and stuff packs:
Ambitions

Diesel Stuff

Fast Lane Stuff
Generations
High-End Loft Stuff
Late Night
Master Suite Stuff
Outdoor Living Stuff
Pets
Seasons
Showtime
Town Life Stuff
World Adventures

I have tried uninstalling all the games and using CCleaner to erase all registry entries remaining, then reinstalling, and it didn't help. I have tried uninstalling all mods and clearing the cache, and I am still unable to play. I also believe I have tried a manual uninstall.

I can't think of anything else to try, and I have no idea what the problem is in the first place. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 12 (85,504 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: When I try to launch The Sims 3, I get a dialogue saying, "Unable to start game; Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)."

Hero (Retired)

Look through the fix in this link and see if it can help you Standard smile

Click http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t5457-the-sims-3-unable-to-start-game-service-initialization-faile...

Hope this helps!

✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps and Click XP if someone helped! Standard smile

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (101,520 Views)

All Replies

Re: When I try to launch The Sims 3, I get a dialogue saying, "Unable to start game; Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)."

Hero (Retired)

Look through the fix in this link and see if it can help you Standard smile

Click http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t5457-the-sims-3-unable-to-start-game-service-initialization-faile...

Hope this helps!

✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps and Click XP if someone helped! Standard smile

Message 2 of 12 (101,521 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It was this video in particular that helped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyKMnpKHGg8

Thanks.

Message 3 of 12 (85,398 Views)

Help

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

how to fix this problem?

http://s27.postimg.org/na42jhv2r/sims.jpg

Message 4 of 12 (76,486 Views)

Re: Help

Community Manager

@ming123koh 

I moved your post here. Try the steps above.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!
Message 5 of 12 (76,479 Views)

Re: When I try to launch The Sims 3, I get a dialogue saying, "Unable to st

★★★★ Newbie
Try full scan your pc/laptop with Advanced SystemCare Ultimate, and try install again your sims 3.. I have try in my laptop n' it work..

Hope it work for you too Standard smile
Message 6 of 12 (64,000 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This video seems to be deleted...does anybody else know how to fix this problem?? Mine started saying this after I put some content on

Message 7 of 12 (53,463 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Exactly the same thing happend to me too, I installed some content from a site and i got this dialogue. And i know it's not from the site, because I installed from it many times on my old PC and it worked perfectly.

Message 8 of 12 (50,875 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

this video is no longer available

Message 9 of 12 (49,575 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I also tried the link and it said video unavailible any other suggestions?

Message 10 of 12 (32,492 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help