Re: When I try to launch The Sims 3, I get a dialogue saying, "Unable to st

by Chacha006

Original Post

Accepted Solution

When I try to launch The Sims 3, I get a dialogue saying, "Unable to start game; Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)."

★★ Novice
When I try to launch The Sims 3 by running TS3W.exe, I get a dialogue saying, "Unable to start game; Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)." If I try and run the launcher, I get an error saying, "There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details. I have The Sims 3 base game installed as well ass the following expansion and stuff packs:
Ambitions

Diesel Stuff

Fast Lane Stuff
Generations
High-End Loft Stuff
Late Night
Master Suite Stuff
Outdoor Living Stuff
Pets
Seasons
Showtime
Town Life Stuff
World Adventures

I have tried uninstalling all the games and using CCleaner to erase all registry entries remaining, then reinstalling, and it didn't help. I have tried uninstalling all mods and clearing the cache, and I am still unable to play. I also believe I have tried a manual uninstall.

I can't think of anything else to try, and I have no idea what the problem is in the first place. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 12 (93,252 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: When I try to launch The Sims 3, I get a dialogue saying, "Unable to start game; Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)."

Hero (Retired)

Look through the fix in this link and see if it can help you Standard smile

Click http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t5457-the-sims-3-unable-to-start-game-service-initialization-faile...

Hope this helps!

✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps and Click XP if someone helped! Standard smile

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (109,245 Views)

All Replies

Re: When I try to launch The Sims 3, I get a dialogue saying, "Unable to start game; Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)."

Hero (Retired)

Look through the fix in this link and see if it can help you Standard smile

Click http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t5457-the-sims-3-unable-to-start-game-service-initialization-faile...

Hope this helps!

✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps and Click XP if someone helped! Standard smile

Message 2 of 12 (109,246 Views)

★★ Novice

It was this video in particular that helped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyKMnpKHGg8

Thanks.

Message 3 of 12 (93,128 Views)

Help

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

how to fix this problem?

http://s27.postimg.org/na42jhv2r/sims.jpg

Message 4 of 12 (84,216 Views)

Re: Help

Community Manager

@ming123koh 

I moved your post here. Try the steps above.

barry.png
Message 5 of 12 (84,209 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
Try full scan your pc/laptop with Advanced SystemCare Ultimate, and try install again your sims 3.. I have try in my laptop n' it work..

Hope it work for you too Standard smile
Message 6 of 12 (71,730 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This video seems to be deleted...does anybody else know how to fix this problem?? Mine started saying this after I put some content on

Message 7 of 12 (61,193 Views)

★ Novice

Exactly the same thing happend to me too, I installed some content from a site and i got this dialogue. And i know it's not from the site, because I installed from it many times on my old PC and it worked perfectly.

Message 8 of 12 (58,605 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this video is no longer available

Message 9 of 12 (57,305 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also tried the link and it said video unavailible any other suggestions?

Message 10 of 12 (40,222 Views)