Re: When I try installing Sims 3 (base game) "cyclical redundancy check" error pops up

by karmadammit

Original Post

When I try installing Sims 3 (base game) "cyclical redundancy check" error pops up

★★★ Novice

What is the cyclical redundancy check error and how do i fix it?

I'm not the best with computers, so can you give me the most dumbed-down fix for this?

My disk is scratched a little, but that never affected anything in the last computer that I installed it in. And I believe that the errors shows up when the object cache (i dont know what that is either DStandard smile for Sunset Valley is being installed/downloaded.

Message 1 of 4 (5,832 Views)

Re: When I try installing Sims 3 (base game) "cyclical redundancy check" error pops up

Hero

Here's some tips on the issue: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/error-cyclic-redundancy-check.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (5,815 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

Here's some tips on the issue: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/error-cyclic-redundancy-check.html

Thank you! I just have one question on one of the solutions.

It says that I can get a deownloadable copy if I enter the serial number of my physical game. Any idea what page I have to go to to do that?

Message 3 of 4 (5,807 Views)

Hero

You need Origin and you should be able to to redeem it in the client. Not sure where since I don't use Origin myself.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (5,799 Views)