Re: What's the best pc/laptop to play sims 3 that will also handle sims 4

by apriljcast

Original Post

What's the best pc/laptop to play sims 3 that will also handle sims 4

★★★ Newbie
Some body please help me and answer really simply as I'm not a computer person at all. I got a new laptop 6months ago from toshiba and it won't play sims 3, numerous people have tried to fix this and nothing works. I am a big fan and just want to sell it and buy the most ideal computer/laptop for purely sims. What is the most recommended?
Message 1 of 8 (33,586 Views)

Hero

If you just want to play the game, you might be better of getting a desktop computer. You get a lot more for cheaper money.

Gaming laptops are rather expensive.

You need

- 64 bit operating system

- i5 or i7 with at least 3.0 Ghz

- at least 6 GB of RAM. 8 or 12 might be better depeding on what else you want to use it for-

- a GOOD graphic card. See this link for recommondations. Green across the board is good: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_System_Requirements

- at least 500 GB of hard disc space.

Specs for Sims 4 are not out and there's no way of telling what it will need.

The best you can do is find something you like and then come back with the specs for it to have them checked.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (33,468 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
Thank you! Do you have a suggestion of what desktop to buy?
Message 3 of 8 (33,465 Views)

Hero

They differ from country to country (and store to store) and since I'm in Switzerland that won't help you much.

Try reading some reports online to decide on a brand you like or go to a Store and look at them and then come back and post your results. Don't buy anything just yet, sales people will try to sell you anything. Do your research and then come back. Maybe you even know someone that could build you a custom one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (33,463 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have two laptops with those specs (and a little bit more in some areas) and Its still plays horrible. a desktop is not feasible since husband and I are seperated for my schooling and when I visit I play alot while he is at work. I have yet to find a solutionto my problem and honestly if someone custom made me a legit laptop and guaranteed it would work for all sims and expansions I would pay a pretty penny for it.

Message 5 of 8 (33,435 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What are the PC minimum system requirements for The Sims 4?REQUIRED: Internet connection required for product activation.

OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, or Windows 8.1

PROCESSOR: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent) MEMORY: At least 2 GB RAM

HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games

DVD-ROM: DVD ROM drive required for installation only

VIDEO CARD: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better

SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible

DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible

INPUT: Keyboard and MouseWhat are the PC recommended system requirements for The Sims 4?Recommended Specs

REQUIRED: Internet connection required for product activation.

PROCESSOR: Intel core i5 or faster

AMD Athlon X4

MEMORY: 4GB RAM

HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games

DVD-ROM: DVD ROM drive required for installation only

VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 650 or better

SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible

DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible

INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse

Message 6 of 8 (13,060 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Would you mind commenting a link to that specific laptop?
Message 7 of 8 (6,507 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@glitermoon28 @bs1selena2007 @apriljcast  First there is no "I only play Sims3". You want to play a 3D graphical game. 3D graphical games require more power then a social/student/business computer. With display resolutions increasing the demands on the graphics processor continue to increase. When you shop for a gaming computer you are no longer in the budget class, you have graduated into the luxury class. Depending where you live there are several companies that sell gaming computers. Dell now owns Alienware. Alienware is a nice computer but you pay for the name and the quality. There are several companies that sell custom computers for gaming. When you look at high end systems most of the cost is the graphics processor but you also need a good cpu to provide data to the graphics fast enough to provide a decent frame rate. The Sims games are both graphics and processor intensive. No you don't need a super powerful computer but you should have a computer that will play a current demanding game. This will insure your computer will last more then the current list of games on the market. If you get a computer that that will handle say Fallout 4, that computer should handle the current Sims games with out issues. Most computer technologies change every 6 months so if you buy a computer today in a year your computer tech is 2 generations behind. Most new computers require updating the first time it is powered up. In the US there is a company cyberpowerpc.com. I have bought a few computers from them and I get what I pay for. As you are entering the world of computer gaming you should have a basic knowledge of how a computer works. The average gaming graphics card generates a lot of heat while playing a 3D graphics game and the computer needs room to exhaust that heat. Cards may come loose during shipping. Cheap under rated power supplies are just that cheap - you get what you pay for. You really need to read the label on the power supply. Even some name brand components seem to have manufacturing problems from time to time. Buying a gaming rig is more then walking into that big box store and buying the most expensive one on display.  hth

Message 8 of 8 (6,502 Views)