Re: Weird issue with certain plants?

by graceymanors

Original Post

@graceymanors  A useful test would be to pull your game folder out of Documents, open the launcher to create a new one, and then copy over the save, with no mods or cc, to test.  If it's a custom world, you can install that world, but don't add anything else.  Your graphics options will be reset to defaults, and any stale cache files will be gone.

I'm guessing you checked your deviceconfig to make sure the .sgr edits went smoothly?  Even a punctuation error wouldn't likely cause this, but it's worth checking anyway.  A more common cause of this kind of thing is changing your graphics settings while you have a save loaded, or doing so at the Main Menu and then loading a save without quitting to desktop first.  And exiting to the Main Menu wouldn't get rid of the problem, so if you started a new save from there, you'd likely see the same issues.  A clean folder would take care of the problem though.

Before you jump to the possibility that your graphics card is failing, it's worth considering that its driver is corrupted.  Of course, you can't do a clean install of a new driver without a password, but if you've recovered yours, the process wouldn't hurt and might fix the problem.

The point of hwinfo is to track certain stats for your hardware, like temperature and voltage.  If you're not sure what you're looking at yourself, you could start logging (the button is along the bottom of the window) and play for 20-30 minutes, then upload the log to a filesharing site and link it here for me to read.  It wouldn't cover everything, but it's a good place to start.  There's no personal info in it, unless you count your specs.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 21 of 27 (676 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Ok I will upload the log tonight when I get off from work pulling the entire folder out and just that one world in it didn’t fix it I always exit to the desktop before testing things I was told issues can transfer from save to save if you don’t 

Message 22 of 27 (660 Views)

★★★ Guide

I don't see the button for logging, I see a blue X at the bottom but that's it.

Message 23 of 27 (646 Views)

@graceymanors  I'm not in Windows at the moment, so I can't grab you a screenshot, but there should be an icon that looks like a sheet of paper with a green + on it.  If you hover over the icons, they'll tell you what they're for.

Message 24 of 27 (635 Views)

★★★ Guide

Sorry, I been busy with work.Finally getting around to doing the Display Driver Uninstaller, still having issues getting the NVIDIA update to download from the link provided, it just spins.

Message 25 of 27 (582 Views)

@graceymanors  It's possible that Nvidia updated their drivers since I posted the link; I haven't been checking religiously.  You can try picking out your card from this menu:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

(Also, try a different browser, then try disabling your antivirus/firewall just long enough to download the driver, you know, the usual.)

No worries about being busy.  People test when they have time; it's never a big deal to wait.

Message 26 of 27 (573 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Alrighty, I did it.It was actually super easy and fast.

I don't see the weirdness yet, been playing for about 30 minutes.

And oddly enough, getting better frame rate.

Edit:

I have a new issue now that is completely not related.

Game did one of its crashes, And I went to go back in and all my installed content is gone! And half of it I don't know where I got it from, but is needed for my save.

Message 27 of 27 (566 Views)