Video Graphics Card Working Before But Not Now

by kitkat9g

Original Post

Video Graphics Card Working Before But Not Now

★★★ Newbie

So I got a new (to me) computer from my cousin Confusedmileyvery-happy: and put The Sims 3 on it and started playing. Everything was working fine. Then I had to uninstall and reinstall it and after reinstalling it, the game won't play! Confusedmileymad: I get the message "Unable to start game   Device 0 cannot run this title. No supported video graphics card detected. Please check your system hardware." How do I fix this and why is it all of a sudden not working?Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Thanks,

:heart: Kate

Message 1 of 4 (1,536 Views)

Re: Video Graphics Card Working Before But Not Now

Hero (Retired)

Hey Kate

I found a couple of things. One is to start the game in windowed mode and the other is to get the game to recognise your graphics card which might be the way you want to go. 

Getting game to run in windowed mode: ( source )

1. Click on the 'Start' button on your Windows Taskbar.
  2. Select 'My Documents.'
  3. Double-click on the 'Electronic Arts' folder.
  4. Open 'The Sims 3' folder.
  5. Right-click on the 'Options.ini' file and select 'Open With...'
  6. Choose to open the file in 'Notepad.'
  7. Press the 'Ctrl' and 'F' key at the same time to bring up the 'Find' panel.
  8. Type in the following line (without the quotes): 'fullscreen = 1.'
    This line should be the 8th option from the top, above 'simquality'
  9. Change the number 1 to a number 0.
  10. The line should now read: 'fullscreen = 0.'

Getting game to recognise graphics card: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/06/getting-the-game-to-recognize-your-card.html

Links:

Let me know if this helps you

Message 2 of 4 (1,534 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

i have a question maybe u can help i have lines going threw my  sims3 game and sims 4 game when it goes to the loading screen and when i push play is there way to get it off of there or does it have to do with my graphic card

Message 3 of 4 (1,490 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@fansofsims  Is your computer a pc or mac? If your computer is a pc please post your computer's dxdiag - link - how to post dxdiag

Message 4 of 4 (1,480 Views)