Re: Uninstall Error -5006: 0x80070003

by naranuu92

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Uninstall Error -5006: 0x80070003

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I recently had to do a factory reset to my computer. I have a Samsung Notebook.

I was trying to reinstall all my Sims games last night and when I got to the fourth game, it asked me to update the game before it could continue. I clicked okay, and it took forever. It sat on the loading screen for an hour before I clicked to cancel and tried again. This time it went for about 30 minutes before I clicked cancel. I went through the launcher to manually update it and when I clicked the button, it wouldn't even begin to launch the update.

I decided to start fresh, so uninstalled the expansions first. When I got to the original Sims 3, it popped up with Error -5006: 0x80070003 and to contact EA. At that point the computer told me it needed updates, so I thought maybe the computer itself was preventing the game from working. I updated the computer, let it sit overnight, and tried again just now. It's still giving me the same error message. I tried putting the disc in to see if maybe the content had installed incorrectly, but it won't let me open the disc. It can read it and Sims 3 disc shows up under "My Computer," but it won't let me run it.

How do I fix this error and uninstall it? Then, how do I prevent it from happening again when I go to install the games again?

Message 1 of 4 (1,740 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★★ Novice

In case anyone reads this because they have the same problem, here's what I found:

https://help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3

This gets it off your system. Not sure if it prevents it from happening again, but at least it uninstalls it.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,980 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★ Novice

In case anyone reads this because they have the same problem, here's what I found:

https://help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3

This gets it off your system. Not sure if it prevents it from happening again, but at least it uninstalls it.

Message 2 of 4 (1,981 Views)

Hero

I love people who are able to search and find their own solutions Standard smile

Could you also accept your post as solution so people see that this is solved and what the solution was ?

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (1,718 Views)

★★ Novice

I didn't see that option at a quick glance! Blind as a bat sometimes, I swear... Thanks for pointing it out!

Message 4 of 4 (1,715 Views)