Re: Unable to download free stuff from The Sims 3 shop for Steam

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to download free stuff from The Sims 3 shop for Steam

★★ Novice

I am unable to download this pack https://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=&scategoryId=14270&index=0&productId=O... to Steam as of course my game key is already registered to my account. Is there any other way that I can download it? 

Message 1 of 3 (420 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

@Black666Roses  Do you specifically own Into the Future?  Is it installed?  Which browser are you using?  Chrome doesn't work well with the store, but Firefox does fine.  It might also help to clear your browser caches, including the one for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, the store and launcher do for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorites.

If you still can't download the bundle, try pulling your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents temporarily.  Then launch the game, just to the Main Menu—no need to create a new save—and a clean folder will spawn.  Try downloading into this folder, and if it works, you can move the file out of the Downloads subfolder and into your old game folder.  Then you can delete the new folder, put your old one back, and try to install.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (396 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

@Black666Roses  Do you specifically own Into the Future?  Is it installed?  Which browser are you using?  Chrome doesn't work well with the store, but Firefox does fine.  It might also help to clear your browser caches, including the one for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, the store and launcher do for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorites.

If you still can't download the bundle, try pulling your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents temporarily.  Then launch the game, just to the Main Menu—no need to create a new save—and a clean folder will spawn.  Try downloading into this folder, and if it works, you can move the file out of the Downloads subfolder and into your old game folder.  Then you can delete the new folder, put your old one back, and try to install.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (397 Views)

★★ Novice
Ah that's why it doesn't work as I don't have that expiation pack.....

Thank you for your help.

Message 3 of 3 (384 Views)