Re: Unable to download SOME previously registered content

by stormwaltz1

Original Post

Unable to download SOME previously registered content

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I recently had to reinstall all my Sims3 content on a new computer. I experienced several technical issues during install (difficult to say why; possibly due to using Win7-64, possibly due to installing on a high-letter partitioned 3TB drive. The one relevant here deals with my account mysteriously having "forgotten" all my registered retail non-expansion discs.

Expansions installed just fine, and store-bought I was eventually able to get (at issue was the expansions resetting Firefox to look for the launcher in imaginary directories - don't ask me why). The real issues came with Town Stuff, Monte Vista, and Dragon Valley. I'd previously registered all three. None of them showed up in my account when I logged in for the first time on the new machine (which shouldn't matter, I know - bear with me here). I was able to re-register Town Stuff and Monte Vista on the site using the in-box codes, but Dragon Valley has stubbornly resisted.

When I try to register the Dragon Valley codes (main pack plus bonus material), the site gives me the error that they've already been claimed. And so they have! BY ME. Except they've gone missing from my account for some reason. It's like the others were completely forgotten, but DV was only partially so.

Any suggestions? Standard smile

(Edited to restore paragraph breaks nuked on posting.)

Message 1 of 3 (149 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Look here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3-Store/Guide-Sims-3-Store-Worlds/td-p/1589911

Dragon Valley (and Monte Vista for that fact) are worlds which you download from the Sims 3 Store. The link above will explain how and what to do - pretty much everything you need to know

Message 2 of 3 (140 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That, that pretty much covers what I already tried. :/ I was able to recover Monte Vista using those methods (i.e. re-registering the game code with my account).

I redeemed the code for Dragon Valley sometime last year, but now it's not associated with my account - I honestly don't know why. But I can't re-register DV's codes like I did for Monte Vista.

Message 3 of 3 (134 Views)