Re: Unable to connect to origin

by wilwalton

Original Post

Unable to connect to origin

★ Apprentice

I get this text "Unabled to connect to ea download manager", what should I do?

Message 1 of 16 (18,119 Views)

Hero

This means that the launcher is not able to connect to Origin/Download Manager. Make sure to uninstall any traces of the Download Manager (been replaced with Origin) and install the updated version of Origin.

Also:

What is your base game version right now ?

To find out, open your launcher and hover over the little base game icon in the lower left part of the launcher. It should say 1.38.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (18,002 Views)

★ Apprentice

My launcher version is 1.0.631

Message 3 of 16 (17,997 Views)

Hero

Do you have Origin installed or still the EA Download Manager ? If it's still the download Mananger, uninstall that (just that, not the game) and download the newest Origin from here: http://www.origin.com/download

If you have Origin, make sure it's updated to the latest version.

That should hopefully get rid of the message and you can patch your game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (17,992 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

This actually does nothing for me i have the version 1.0.6 I have origin downloaded update everything no ea download manger, ORIGIN! This is bothering me because I bought Late Night for Sims 3 and I cant play it  because it says sims 3 has to be updated so I go to sims 3 launcher go to Game Updates and says, as usual unable to connect with EA download manger so I cant download Late Night! HOOOOOORRRRRAAAAYYYYY!

Message 5 of 16 (17,945 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

You're probably getting something like this:

Screenshot (this screenshot was taken before patch 1.39. Pay no attention to the game version)

I have a resolution for this problem. It happens after changing the email address on your account.

What happens is that you already have a file called ChallengeData.package

When you change the email address that is connected to your account, a second ChallengeData.package file gets generated causing confusion because both files seem to get paged at the same time.

So, you must remove the older ChallengeData.package.

1. Go to your game files.

2. Click on Downloads

3. You will see two folders with a long number as folder names.

- One folder will have a ChallengeData.package in it by itself.

-The other folder will have 2 files: ChallengeData.package and  PassportData.package.

-The folder with 2 files in it contains your older ChallengeData.package file. Cut that file and paste it to a new folder on your desktop and name it something like backup for launcher.

4.Select ALL files in your downloads folder that begin with dynamicchallenge and the .bin file with your current email address ex: youremail@service.com.bin. Cut and paste these to the new folder on your desktop. If you see a file with your old email address in your downloads folder. Delete that file.

Restart your launcher.

Tada!

This seems to be the ONLY way to eliminate this problem so far.

Message 6 of 16 (17,937 Views)

★★ Novice

i have the same proplems but i dont have the hallengeData.package and  PassportData.package. thing in my document folder and im trying to downlaod the sims 3 season, please helpppp!!!!!!!

Message 7 of 16 (17,751 Views)

Hero

Try the tips here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Unable-to-connect-with-origin/td-p/186744/

Origin is the new download manager

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 16 (17,744 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the same issue. i tried re-installing origin AND cutting the number files. nothing worked and i really need help!!

Message 9 of 16 (16,754 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I also have the same issue..

I've not changed my e-mail address ever since joining origin

I've tried on a fresh windows installation and only installed the Sims Base Pack (Manually patched to version 1.47.6.02) and installed origin direct form the EA website to get the newest version (And I've checked that my Sims sign on details are linked)

Also as I did this on a fresh install of Windows 8 I had none of the "Conflicting Software" listed on the FAQ section e.g. antivirus software etc....

Any ideas anyone???

Message 10 of 16 (16,744 Views)