Unable to connect to ea download manager!!!!!

by WIshesnwells

Original Post

Re: well i have installed sims 3 on my laptop and i didnt get...

★★★ Newbie

IDK if anyone still reads this... but I had that same issue, I went into the "Computer" from the start menu, (CStandard smile Drive, Then program files, then Electronic Arts, The sims 3, Support, then EADM, double click on the installer, it will install the EADM and it updates the game!

Message 11 of 32 (6,190 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue, I have the newest version of origin. And I can't open Sims 3, or any of the expansion packs I have because I can't connect to the ea download manager. Pretty weird.

Message 12 of 32 (6,171 Views)

Re: Unable to connect to ea download manager!!!!!

★★★★ Novice

the reason i couldnt connect was because i also have sims 2 downloaded with the old ea download manager and i mistakingly uninstalled that which messed up my game

Message 13 of 32 (6,164 Views)

Re: Unable to connect to ea download manager!!!!!

★★★★ Novice

I uninstalled the sims 3 and ambitions and origin. completely.

I then re-installed thesims3, then it updated itself then I finally installed the expansion pack: Ambitions, then when I started the game the silly
error message when I start the game and The Sims 3 Game Launcher appears, that message dissappeared. But, there's more!

The super patch had not yet been applied. It is only after installing the sims 3 super patch thus enabling the sims 3 ambitions to link to facebook, and twitter and enable posting my game progress and send and recieve gitts to other simmers on line.

The problem with this was after I installed the super patch, the error message reapeared when the sims game launcher. Unable to connect to ea download manager!!!!!

I have other issues. I can not use my custom creations, commercial lots I uploaded to the exchange to my studio months earlier and since I saved my lots in a different folder before uninstalling the game the first time the game lists thes lots and downloads manager lists these lots but when I go to place one of these nicely created, my own creations, commercial lots into the game, after clicking place copy, the city's placement indicators dissappear and there is no where on the game grid, or city map that I can put the lot after I choose to place copy. There was only one single exception. And that was a residential lot I also created and saved and reloaded back into the game and for some reason that residential lot was successful at being placed on the map and being used for the game so Sims could actually move into it and live their Sim Lives!

Would it be better not to have installed the super patch?

Would it be better for me to uninstall the games once again and forgo the super patch?

Even then I have no idea if I can re-download my commercial lots to place within the game without the silly map's locator icons dissappearing as if the game didn't want these home made commercial lots in my city?????????????????????????? I am having a cow.

Message 14 of 32 (6,056 Views)

★ Novice

Haileyf92.... you're a genious. The instructions you gave worked flawlessly!! I was on version 1.29 and could never figure out how to get the patcher to link. Thank you SO much!!

Message 15 of 32 (5,953 Views)

Hailley

★★★ Newbie

I open The sims3 file but i cant find Support. What do i do?

Message 16 of 32 (5,523 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Your info was a life saver thank you...... Haileyf92

Message 17 of 32 (5,507 Views)

★ Novice

haileyf92

I tried to do what you said but maybe I have different operating system than you,

(CStandard smile > Program files(x86) > Origin games > Support > ?

Mines a little different than yours but I can not find the EADM file!!! :/

@haileyf92 wrote:

IDK if anyone still reads this... but I had that same issue, I went into the "Computer" from the start menu, (CStandard smile Drive, Then program files, then Electronic Arts, The sims 3, Support, then EADM, double click on the installer, it will install the EADM and it updates the game!

Message 18 of 32 (5,493 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had the same issue. I got tire of this so I uninstalled all my sims games and expansions then I uninstalled origin. After all that I re-installed my base game, thesims3, then after that some auto updates took place and also origin updated and finally I re-installed my expansion pack, which is in my case, simply the one called Ambitions. After that I got all the patches and updates and re-downloaded all the extra objects I had purchased with my sims points using downloads dashboard in the game's launcher platform. It was at that point the game went as smooth as silk. I had originally been using the Sims3 super patch, which I do believe was a BETA patch and now the current TheSims3 updates are automatically downloaded and make it no longer necessary to get the super patch so now all the games run smoothly and there are no more error messages with the sims 3 launcher. I can log in perfectly and play my game, edit my towns and so on flawlessly. Good luck to you fellow Simmer.

Message 19 of 32 (5,487 Views)

★ Novice

when i go to the eadm file nothing is there. it says this file is empty. what should i do?

Message 20 of 32 (5,217 Views)