Unable to connect to EA Download Manager/ Expansion pack won't load

by dreaminggurl

Original Post

Unable to connect to EA Download Manager/ Expansion pack won't load

★★ Novice

So I know a lot of people have had this problem, but for the life of me I've been working through what everyone has said and nothing is working. I only downloaded origin and the Sims 3 starter pack 2 days ago and I have yet to play.

I have Windows 7,

I bought the Sims 3 starter bundle two days ago. They all installed on my laptop fine.

My firewall allows Origin.

I have tried bypassing the launcher but it still opens up the launcher.

I tried uninstalling the Late night expansion pack and the Sims started fine, but I would clearly like to play all the games I have paid for.

Everything says I'm uptodate, and I presume I would be having downloaded everything very recently.

So basically: When the Sims 3 launcher comes up it comes up with an error message saying 'Unable to connect to EA download manager' and then when I go to click play, the launcher closes and nothing happens. It isn't even running (I've checked).

Thanks

Message 1 of 14 (4,674 Views)

Re: Unable to connect to EA Download Manager/ Expansion pack won't load

Hero

What is your base game version right now ?

Open the launcher and check the number in the lower left corner.

If you're not at 1.63, please update your game.

Manual links can be found here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-63/td-p/67858/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (4,650 Views)

★★ Novice

It says its 6.0.81.019017

Message 3 of 14 (4,647 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Are you on a MAC by any chance? And have you downloaded the patch already? 

Message 4 of 14 (4,646 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

No I'm not using a MAC. I just downloaded the patch and it nearly installed all the way and they gave me an error message saying I had an invalid file so it couldn't finish the update.

Message 5 of 14 (4,642 Views)

Hero

Did you use the super patch or an incremental patch ? You need the superpatch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (4,629 Views)

★★ Novice

So, I have windows eight and have been experiencing the same problems with my sims 3. The game worked fine until I recently purchased the late night expansion pack, and now the game comes up with 'unable to connect to EA download management." Where do I find the super patch? 

Message 7 of 14 (4,627 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue. My game has been updated to 1.67. I have Windows 8. If you have any advice, that would be great

Message 8 of 14 (3,529 Views)

★★★ Newbie

me too .. but it worked perfectly before i downloaded the expansion packs and when i uninstalled them sims worked again but i would like for origin or who evers fault it is to fix it as i want my moneys worth i have three expansion packs....  and i cant download them as sims says cant connect to EA download manager ...

Message 9 of 14 (2,922 Views)

Message 10 of 14 (2,900 Views)