Unable to Connect to EADM - NO SUGGESTIONS WORK, PATCHES ARE BAD, HELP.

by lesliefay

Original Post

Unable to Connect to EADM - NO SUGGESTIONS WORK, PATCHES ARE BAD, HELP.

★★★ Newbie

Hello, so I've been a faithful Simer for many years and have all the expansion packs (and a few stuff packs) but as I went to install all my games on my new laptop I was met with a pretty frequent problem, apparently.

Now before you tell me to update the patches or check the Origin information, I've already done this:

I updated my Origin to Beta.

I made sure my Origin account is connected to my Sims 3 account.

I uninstalled, had to redownload twice and reinstall the game twice.

Downloaded the patch for the Digital copies (as frequently suggested) only to get an error code about it missing a file when installing.

Ran the Sims 3 launcher and Origin as administrator.

Opened and logged into Origin Beta app, website and Sims3 account on the launcher and STILL doesn't work.

Superpatch gives the same error as regular patch.

Made sure no conflicting programs are running.

Restarted my computer.

And various other troubleshooting steps.

This is ridiculous, to spend so much money and time on these games and be such a loyal customer only to be left unable to play the games. Please help me so I can play my games again.

Message 1 of 2 (111 Views)

Re: Unable to Connect to EADM - NO SUGGESTIONS WORK, PATCHES ARE BAD, HELP.

★★★ Pro

Was looking for a solution this was posted below by one of the helpers in here to someone who has your same issue

I would try reinstalling Origin and making sure that there's no EADM files left on your computer.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I know you have said you have uninstalled and reinstalled but have you tried to uninstall manually?

I dont know what verisons or how long you had your game on the old computer you were using but we now patch the base game first before adding EP's. I dont know if your using disc or download but download works better with origin. And EP's dont need to be patched or downloaded in any order only that the base game gets patched. I dont know if how you added game an ep's could be causing an error in the patch?

are you on PC or Mac?

Message 2 of 2 (103 Views)