Re: URGENT!!! My sims 3 pets game has sort of crashed and i cant save because it

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: URGENT!!! My sims 3 pets game has sort of crashed and i cant save because it

★★★ Newbie
does it take 20 min bedore i can play again ??
Message 11 of 13 (451 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It’s 2019 and for the first time in YEARS playing this game since it was released in 2009, I encountered this issue. I couldn't find a solution so I was forced to close the game and lose HOURS of game play. Suffice it to say, I am pissed.

The whole “F5” solution only put me on an endless loading loop that never ended.

Message 12 of 13 (386 Views)

@skyfall1993  Build and Buy modes are more resource-intensive than live play, and some expansion packs (especially Pets) add significantly to the demands of the game.  I don't know which packs you have in play, or what OS you're running, but it's not uncommon for TS3 to run out of resources during a long build session.  The best way to avoid this is to either save frequently during building, or to build in a new game, save the lot to the bin, and then place it in your existing save when you're ready to use it.

There is no real way to fix this problem due to the way TS3 was programmed.  It's 32-bit, meaning it can only use ~3.7 GB RAM before crashing, and only 2 GB in mac OS due to the way it was ported.  And since it's been out of development for over five years now, no fix or patch is forthcoming from EA.

If you have a problem that you'd like to troubleshoot, feel free to start your own thread describing the issue in detail.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 13 of 13 (379 Views)