Transferring Sims game data from Windows 98 to Windows 7

by JustLooking301

Original Post

Transferring Sims game data from Windows 98 to Windows 7

★ Novice

Hi everyone,

I had both The Sims 3 and The Sims Medieval installed on a Windows 98 PC. We recently updated my PC to Windows 7, so I backed up my game data, reinstalled the games after the update and tried copying my game data back into the correct folders. The Sims 3 did have a Saves folder to copy the data into (I just copied the whole folder instead). The Sims Medieval DID have a Saves folder. Neither action worked. When I launch either game, it still goes straight to the tutorial.

I'm not as concerned about The Sims 3 since I didn't have nearly as much gameplay, but I had a TON of gameplay on Medieval and would hate to lose it al.

Any suggestions? I want to see if there's a solution before I just start over. Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 1 of 4 (223 Views)

Re: Transferring Sims game data from Windows 98 to Windows 7

★ Novice
Bumping for suggestions
Message 2 of 4 (219 Views)

Transferring Sims game data from Windows XP to Windows 7

★ Novice

Updating the subject line. I had XP. :-)

Message 3 of 4 (215 Views)

Re: Transferring Sims game data from Windows XP to Windows 7

Hero

Doe the files show up in the saves folder directly or is there maybe a saves folder within the saves folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (210 Views)