Time Travel Missing Sim

by Kimichan95

Original Post

Time Travel Missing Sim

★★★ Newbie

So, I've been experiencing a glitch where, when a sim travels to the future using the Into The Future expansion pack for Sims 3, no sim comes out the other side, and I'm left with an empty UI and no way to progress. I've spoken to EA Tech Support, they're not sure what's up either, but are looking into it, and recommended I post about it here also, so the community could take a look at it. 

I've seen a few others posting about similar issues involving loading-screen inducing travel, but nothing this specific to my issue, as far as I've seen.

I haven't tested every household in my save, but I know I've gotten at least one sim for another household to go through the portal successfully. Any idea's ya'll? I'm willing to try almost anything at this point.

Message 1 of 2 (641 Views)

Re: Time Travel Missing Sim

@Kimichan95  The travel transition is fragile and breaks easily, which is what you're seeing.  Without mods, the only thing you can do is lower the demands on the game engine as much as possible and hope for the best.  Now's also a good time to make a copy of your save file, if you haven't already; that way you'll have a backup in case you need it later.

Here's how to lower the stress on the game and give your sim the best chance of arriving safely:

• Turn off the hidden-object interactive loading screens and the in-game shopping experience
  • Don't login at either the launcher or Main Menu.  In fact, it's best to take your computer completely offline before launching the game.  If you play through Origin, you can sign in and then put Origin into offline mode
  • Empty your sim's inventory as much as possible.  It's okay to have a few items, but a hundred is a problem
  • Right before traveling, use "save as" to rename the save, then quit to desktop.  Send your sim traveling only immediately after loading
  • Right before traveling, turn down your graphics options to the minimum.  You can turn them back up again once your sim arrives safely

All this gives your game the best chance of getting through the travel transition intact.  But if it still breaks, there's not much else you can do without mods.  I don't know if you'd be interested in going that route, though.

P.S.  There's no one working on this issue at EA.  The game has been out of development for five years now, and no fixes are forthcoming.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (633 Views)