Throw Greenhouse

by deanpurdey

Original Post

Throw Greenhouse

★ Novice

I purchased the Stones Throw Greenhouse on the 5/30/18 for 1,710 SimPoints only to find when building the greenhouse the roof parts have no glass,

Message 1 of 4 (195 Views)

Re: Throw Greenhouse

@deanpurdey  Do you mean that the roof parts aren't blocking the rain or snow?  You'll have to put a flat roof over the greenhouse (turn auto roofs off when you're building) and then place the roof objects on top.  The flat roof should then disappear in live mode.  Here are a couple of posts on the subject:

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=13278.0.html

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/920831/looking-for-a-greenhouse

I believe you'll have a venue in your library that contains a greenhouse.  You can place that lot and then take a look at it in Edit Town to see how it's built.

If you mean that the roof decorations don't look like they have glass in them, perhaps it's a graphics issue.  I don't know what the glass would look like on the lower settings, but you can experiment a bit to see if changing some settings helps.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (186 Views)

★ Novice

yea it looks like it dont have glass in them just the frame, i have tried everything you suggested and nothing has changed even the lot the come with it has no glass i have also had a play around with the graphics all the other windows/ glass is fine apart from the greenhouse items 

Message 3 of 4 (182 Views)

@deanpurdey  So your in-game roof decor doesn't match the photos in the links?  Okay, I can think of a couple of things to try.  First, it's possible you're missing the store patch, which is no longer automatically available to download from the launcher for some users.  Check your ContentPatch folder in your TS3 folder in Documents.  There should be a contentpatch.package file and a Downloads folder with a number of other files in it.  If all you have is an empty Downloads folder, you can get the necessary files from the link in this post:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16341942/#Comment_16341942

The next step is to uninstall and reinstall the set.  (You wouldn't have to pay for it again.)  Store items can occasionally install incorrectly, and this glitch could just disappear with a reinstall.

The best way to test for a variety of issues to drag your entire TS3 folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  Then relaunch the game, and a clean game folder will spawn with no content.  The easiest thing to do would be to move your saves and other content from the old folder to the new one; the greenhouse would be part of an .ebc file in DCCache.  (Be sure to grab the ccmerged.package file from DCBackup.)  Then see if the glass roof decorations work.

However, if the original download was bad, or if you have a corrupt ccmerged.package file, generating a clean folder and then simply moving over your content wouldn't help.  If it doesn't, make another clean folder and download only the greenhouse into it.  Then start a fresh save to see whether things look right.  (If necessary, I believe you can enable testingcheats and then shift-click on the ground to change the seasons and/or weather, although I've never tried this.)  If the new save works, then you can start moving over most of your content from your old folder, but you might want to redownload your store content again.  (I suppose you could simply uninstall the greenhouse from the old folder, but its data would not be deleted from its .ebc file.)

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (170 Views)