Re: There was an error while downloading the content. Please check the log for more details

by amelloncamp1

Original Post

There was an error while downloading the content. Please check the log for more details

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hello.

I have reviewed several topics and tried a few of the solutions to my issue, to no avail. As you can imagine, it is frustrating.

I have the Sims 3 game, as well as a few Expansions Packs. I run on Windows 7, and have not had issues with my game until this week. I have purchased store content, a World Pack.
• The pack I have is called: Aurora Skies

I receive the following error when I attempt to download the Aurora Skies Pack from my account on The Sims 3 website to my Sims 3 Launcher. 
• The Error Message: There was an error while downloading the content. Please check the log for more details.

To be specific on what I have tried to do to fix my error:
• Unistalled any and all custom content or store content from the Sims 3.
• Cleaned History on my browser as well as a computer clean up and restart.
• Read several topics to see if there are bugs with the pack.
• Checked to make sure my game was up to date with the latest update.

Bonus Info:
I am able to download everything else, aside from this one pack. I am decent with computers, but this issue continues to not only frustrate me, but prove to be confusing. I have not been able to find the "log" for the detail either. I do not know what to do to fix it. If any one has any helpful tips or advice, I would be open to trying them. After all, anything can help. Thank you in advance. 

Message 1 of 14 (22,557 Views)

Re: There was an error while downloading the content. Please check the log for more details

Hero

Hey,

moved your thread to it's own topic cause you're more certain to get help that way. Also renamed your title.

Is your game updated to 1.55 ?

Open the launcher and check the number in the lower left corner.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (22,497 Views)

Hero (Retired)

try switching browsers from IE to firefox or see if this FAQ can help scroll to I can't download any of the items I bought

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3-Store/FAQ-The-Sims-3-Store/td-p/333394

Message 3 of 14 (22,494 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you for moving the thread.
I am double checking to make sure my game is up to date. It seems Origin and my Launcher were not connecting, so while it told me on my launcher that I was up to date, it seems I was not. 

Thank you for the suggestion on the browsers. I tried that, and got the same result as I do on Chrome. (I used IE).  The issue seems to sit with my launcher and not my browser. I am hoping with a little tweaking that this update will work. I am  itching to try my new town! Thank you both very much and I will of course update if it does work or not. I also might suggest reading things that require brain power while you are running on no sleep does not work very well! lol!Standard smile 

Message 4 of 14 (22,486 Views)

Hero

Try downloading the patch manually here if you're not updated:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-39/td-p/67858/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 14 (22,481 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same issue. except when I look in the log I get this

2013/12/16|22:25:55|OFB-SIM3:56411|Store Download Failure. Expected more bytes from the server.||Missing 1163313 bytes. Server download content 40594992 bytes. For entry #3/21 expected 2483153 but received 1319840 bytes.|http://na.lvlt.sims3store.cdn.ea.com/s/p/sims/sims3/sims3store/objects/EP8Origin_SET/EP8Origin_SET.S...

I don't know what it means about not enough bytes. This i was a download purchase, so I dont understand how it can be missing bytes. I just want the things that I have paid for. :/

Just getting tired of problems..

Message 6 of 14 (22,262 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried another method of installing content, and the other method tells me that I need to check that my game is up to date. Which it is.

Please someone help me!! This is driving me CRAZY. I just want these to be installed!!!

Message 7 of 14 (22,254 Views)

Hero

What browser are you using to download ?

The message you're receiving means that the download didn't go through completely.

Suggestions:

• Try a different browser
  • Make sure nothing is blocking your connection to thesims3.com (firewall, antivirus)
  • Start the launcher as administrator (right click on the shortchut, Run as administrator. If you run from Origin, run Origin as admin) before starting the download
  • Start the browser as administrator

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (22,247 Views)

★★ Novice

This is the chat transcript between myself and an EA tech. I was having the same issue and this fixed it for me.

I am running Windows 8 but the process should be the same for Vista or 7.

info: Your approximate wait time is 6 minute.
info: Your approximate wait time is 3 minute.
info: You are now ready to chat with Ashutosh.
Ashutosh: Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Ashutosh. How may I assist you today?
you: Hi, I'm having trouble with the sims 3 launcher/store downloading purchases.
Ashutosh: Kala, I will try my best to sort it out for you
Ashutosh: May I know if you get any error message while running the launcher?
you: It does not give me an error message until I try to download the Roaring Heights world or the Boardwalk venue.
you: Then about halfway through the download the error message pops up saying:
you: There was an error while downloading content. Please see the Log for more details.
you: I have checked/Verified that the Sims 3 launcher is up-to-date. The version is current at 1.67.2.024001
Ashutosh: Which browser you are using to download the content?
you: Mozilla Firefox
you: I have no issues downloading smaller items like objects/outfits.
Ashutosh: I will provide you some troubleshooting steps, perform them.
Ashutosh: And your issue will be resolved
Ashutosh: 1.To fix this, you have to press the windows key and "r". type in regedit.

2.Then the registry window will come up. Expand HIKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and then SOFTWARE and then Wow6432Node and then Sims.

3.If there are expansion packs in there that you do not currently have installed, then do a right click and delete.

Ashutosh: After this, restart your system
Ashutosh: Then download again
you: There are no expansions, only the base game. Which is all I have installed
you: delete the base game?
Ashutosh: No
Ashutosh: Just look if there is another expansion pack you do not have installed
Ashutosh: If you do not have any other expansion pack then we will proceed with another workaround
you: There aren't any listed
Ashutosh: Okay, let try clearing game cache
Ashutosh: Which operating system you are using?
you: Windows 8
Ashutosh: Go to C:\Users\"username"\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
Ashutosh: username refer to your pc name.
Ashutosh: Delete the following files

Create-a-Sim Cache: CASPartCache.package
Build/Buy mode Cache: compositorCache.package
Mod or custom content cache: scriptCache.package
New Sims and skin cache: simCompositorCache.package

you: I have deleted them
Ashutosh: Delete all files within the folder "Thumbnails". Do not delete the "Thumbnails" folder.
you: Done.
Ashutosh: Now Exit the Origin if it's running
Ashutosh: And run the Firefox
you: Ok...
Ashutosh: Click Tools from the main menu at the top of the Firefox window.
Select Options (the Options window will appear).
Select the Advanced tab on the top right of the window.
Click the Network tab.
In the Offline Web Content and User Data section, click Clear Now.
Once the clearing is complete click OK at the bottom of the Options window.
Close all Firefox windows and restart.

Ashutosh: Then try to download the content again
you: Ok, now restart what? My computer, right? Or the Sims?
you: Ah, nevermind. restart Firefox
Ashutosh: Yes, and download the content again
you: So far, it is downloading without any problems; But it wasn't giving me the error message until it was about halfway done.
Ashutosh: You can stay connected if you want until it is halfway done.
you: It's about one-fourth of the way done.
Ashutosh: Okay, let's see if the issue still persist
you: That seems to have fixed the problem. It has made it past the point where the error message was popping up.
Ashutosh: Awesome
you: Thanks, Hang on till it's done downloading.
Ashutosh: You are welcome
Ashutosh: I appreciate your patience and cooperation
Ashutosh: Kala, Is there anything else I can assist you with while you wait?
you: I believe that was everything. IT just finished downloading!
Ashutosh: Enjoy gaming Standard smile
Ashutosh: Thank you for contacting EA. Have a great day.Feel free to click on end chat.

Message 9 of 14 (21,617 Views)

★★ Novice
Hello Standard smile I was so excited to try this out and play the game. But it didn't work!! I almost want to cry lol.
Been at this for two days now - cleared the cache, even downloaded Firefox, and to no avail.
I have no idea what to do next :/
Message 10 of 14 (21,445 Views)