The sims 3 graphics.

by sschreiber86

Original Post

The sims 3 graphics.

★★ Novice

Hi Barry. So I am an avid player of the sims series. Started at one now on four. I recently bought an HP laptop 15-bs062st. I'm having trouble with my graphics for the sims 3. Could you please tell me how to fix this? Thank you in advance.

Ps. I heard a rumor you are gifting the sims 2? That would be thebomb.com lol, loved that series in my late teens. 

Message 1 of 9 (1,066 Views)

Re: The sims 3 graphics.

Community Manager

@sschreiber86

Maybe post your Dxdiag report so we can see how much dedicated video memory there is on the Intel® HD Graphics 620. 128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 is the requirement in the graphics department.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 9 (1,036 Views)

★★ Novice

Here is the report you asked for, excited to start playing again.

Message 3 of 9 (1,012 Views)

Community Manager

@sschreiber86

Your graphics processing hardware just about meets the minimum requirements for The Sims 3.

Can you provide more detail on your issue, what do you mean exactly by "I'm having trouble with my graphics"?

Do you see any error message? Please post that if so.

A few troubleshooting steps.

barry.png
Message 4 of 9 (961 Views)

★★ Novice
It just looks very choppy and blurry. I played on multiple laptops over the years this one is by far the worst. Maybe lowering the settings? I have them on the highest.
Message 5 of 9 (946 Views)

★★ Novice
Lowest settings didn't do anything. The furniture and walls are so choppy. 😑
Message 6 of 9 (937 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@sschreiber86  Your computer specs are at the very minimum. Your cpu (I3) has the Intel® HD Graphics 620. These graphics chips are not known to be gaming friendly. I believe the 620 in a newer chip. Is the graphics chip properly identified by the game? Here is a link to help you - how to add new graphics chip to Sims 3  I believe your laptop has a touch screen which uses already strained resources. You don't describe the other laptops so it is hard to make a comparison. Your laptop is probably a good student/social media laptop but is very weak for 3D gaming.

Message 7 of 9 (924 Views)

★★ Novice
It's not touch screen. I had an Asus and a Dell.
Message 8 of 9 (919 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@sschreiber86  I'm saw a lot of drivers for a touchpad. It is hard to compare different laptops with out knowing the age or the specs of the other laptops. If the graphics are choppy and blurry it may be the graphics chip settings. Did you try in game resolution of 1024X768? That should increase the frames per second and maybe smooth out the graphics some. The native resolution of 1366X768 is the highest resolution obtained with out adding more hardware to the design (more cost). Again you have an I3 series processor which is the lowest performer of the Intel I series. There is no turbo in this processor. The 2.4Ghz clock is all you get. This will not increase like other more powerful Intel processors do. I could not find any benchmarks for you laptop but other laptops with that graphics chip only seem to to have descent performance at low resolution that is below the native resolution of your laptop. Your video system is borrowing 3Gb of main memory for video memory.Like I said your laptop is at the very minimum requirements to play this game - any more demands on that laptop will affect the performance of the game.

Message 9 of 9 (911 Views)