The sims 3 Seasons, Disk won't read

by sweetwtch

Original Post

The sims 3 Seasons, Disk won't read

★★★ Newbie

Ok I got the sims 3 seasons disk. I am trying to install it. I put in into my computer and it won't read the disk. It works fine on my husbands computer, but not on mine. I pulled it out and put in the sims 3 supernatural and it will load just fine. But Not the seasons..Anyone have any advise for me??? I'm not the best with computers!

Message 1 of 7 (5,239 Views)

Re: The sims 3 Seasons, Disk won't read

Hero

The disks are very densly written and that sometimes leads to conflicts with certain DVD drives.

I would either try to exchange the disc or download the download version from Origin. If you've registered the game it should be in MyGames in the Origin client.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (5,206 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is my third seasons disk now, all three are had issues not being read. luckily the third disk was detected after inserting it several times. I thought it might have been disk drive problem, but all the other expansions, CD's & DVD's load up normal.

Now after seasons is installed it's pot luck if the Mac detects my seasons disk again.

Message 3 of 7 (5,187 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm javing the same problem.  Excatly.  Took multiple tries and 2 different discs just to get the game installed.  And i'v only played it once and it won't read the disc.  Again.  I've heard that a lot of Mac users have been having this problem.  But I use PC. VERY frustrating.

Message 4 of 7 (5,125 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem with you. It worked once when I first install it, but it won't read after that. My disk driver is fine since it has no problem reading older version sims disk. I've tried two seasons disks and have the same problem.

Message 5 of 7 (5,122 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem here

Message 6 of 7 (4,735 Views)

★★★ Newbie

All you have to do is keep on taking it out, then putting it back in! I had the same prolem and after my 14th time, it worked :D

Message 7 of 7 (4,225 Views)