The options is to make the person moving the active household or not you then are'nt able to play the other family they are moving from?

by trulythesims

Original Post

The options is to make the person moving the active household or not you then are'nt able to play the other family they are moving from?

★★ Novice

You know when you have kids and want them to have their own lives but still want to be able to play other family members as well.

Message 1 of 11 (332 Views)

Re: playing any sim

★★ Novice

Not playing at the same time but they aren't even a household you can find to play once they move? because you have to make them active so you don't have a choice?

So it seems that whoever you don't select as active becomes unplayable?

Message 2 of 11 (334 Views)

Hero

Did you move them to a new house ? When you move a Sim out, you have the choose a house for the new Sim and then you can make him active by switching households via edit town.

As long as the haven't moved away (which can happen if you turn SP on), the new household should be availbale to play.

Are you saying the Sim you moved out is not in the house you moved him to anymore ? They sometimes also move to a new location on their own as well. Go to edit town and check every household until you find them.

-------

Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (332 Views)

★★ Novice

When I tried to play the other sim from edit town I had to make that sim the active household and the message was i would lose stuff from the other house?

Message 4 of 11 (326 Views)

Hero

All you loose are opportunites and granted wishes they have. So finish all open opportunites before switching (if you care about them). You'll get other wises to fulfill so that's not a biggie.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (324 Views)

Re: The options is to make the person moving the active household or not you then are'nt able to play the other family they are moving from?

Community Manager (retired)

Hello trulythesims,

When the kids move out they create their own household, and you cannot play both households (their families plus their newly created household) at the same time.

Welcome! Take the time to discover the community by visiting our Answer HQ Announcements section
Message 6 of 11 (325 Views)

Re: The options is to make the person moving the active household or not you then are'nt able to play the other family they are moving from?

Hero

@: The user has a second thread here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/playing-any-sim/m-p/74072#M3629

I think they somehow got separated when answering.

Could you maybe merge ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (322 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Excellent, thank you Crinrict! Merging right now. :robothappy:

Welcome! Take the time to discover the community by visiting our Answer HQ Announcements section
Message 8 of 11 (319 Views)

★★ Novice

Well I've done all those things. If you let the kid move they also loose their family connection you can't locate the family on the map. That is the problem not being able to play that household at another time and making a connection with them? Not sure why you loose the connection with family members? Would like that to be possible. I've played the sims for years the and second one had family connections, can't remember if 1st did. Thanks for you time

Message 9 of 11 (310 Views)

Hero

Assuming you stay in the same savegame, they should not loose their family connections.

Moving via Live Mode

1. Choose Move from the phone of the Sim you want to move out
  2. Choose a house for the person
  3. Choose which other Sims you want to move out (if any)
  4. Choose which family you wan to play. They should still be related. If not, something went wrong.
  5. You should be able to find them in the house you bought for them.

Moving via Edit Town

1. Go to Edit Town
  2. Use Split household
  3. Sim you split from the rest shows in the upper left corner
  4. Select that Sim and choose a house for him to move in.
  5. Relationships should still be intact and you'll find him in the house you moved him to.

Save your game under a new name before attempting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (307 Views)