The Sims 3 won't let me log in, and the welcome page is being weird

by PaholaKarely

Original Post

Re: The Sims 3 won't let me log in, and the welcome page is being weird

★ Guide

@Aberdonianman

the only other thing I can think of is. There was a thread on here (Answers HQ) were someone could not log into the CAW. They had tried everything also. I am going to copy and paste what they did to fix their problem: (I have no idea if this would pertain to you or not - but its worth a try):

This is from the thread http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Can-t-log-in-to-download-CAW/m-p/6102121#M223129

with thesims1depot fix for their log in issue

"I figured out what happened, and you'll never believe what caused all this!

I did a little searching at my ISP's forums and learned about something I had never heard of before, something super obscure called a "BOGON list."  Apparently, when my router got knocked offline Saturday, I got a brand new IP address when it reconnected. But it was put on this list. To fix the issue, I had to power off my router for a few hours and then turn it back on to get a new IP address. Well, as of this morning, everything is back to normal. I am able to log into the site and download CAW and everything.

Here is the thread I found that talks about all this: https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-Internet/Verizon-FIOS-blocks-some-sites-Can-you-see-these-sites/t...  "

Message 61 of 71 (1,750 Views)

★ Novice

If you have this problem now it seems to disappear after you delete the overwatch mod file. 

Message 62 of 71 (1,697 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Kristi, I currently cannot log into my sims 3 account at all, i do NOT have access to that email account anymore, could you guys be able to change it to my current email so i can get in and change the password plz. please message back.

Thanks 

Message 63 of 71 (1,645 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having same issue. Just bought and installed the game a few days ago. Sad panda.

Message 64 of 71 (1,578 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@flward  Can you log into Origin?  Can you log into thesims3.com site using the same login and password for Origin? What version of Windows are you using?

Message 65 of 71 (1,569 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kristi wrote:

@hpoole14 Just to confirm, did you get a chance to test out the steps below:

1. Open Internet Explorer 11 (not Edge)
  2. Go to Tools - Internet options - Advanced
  3. Select 'Reset' and check the box 'Delete personal Settings'
  4. Restart IE

Thanks!

Holy * IT HELPED
Spoiler
HELPED
Message 66 of 71 (1,515 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't know if you still need help but I was able to log in once I looked at my information security settings and realized that the program I use (F-secure) was blocking my access. Hope this helped someone.

Message 67 of 71 (1,474 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Mine has been having the same problem since recently buying a whole new game. It made me download the origin app which I’ve never had to do with sims. I tried following the onscreen instructions and something went wrong with that and then I ended up randomly clicking on something and got it to download through files and now when I go to log into the game so I can save things it won’t let me log in just keeps refreshing back to the same thing over and over again. Someone please help before I go return the game lol
Message 68 of 71 (1,370 Views)

★★ Novice

I've done this,cleared my cache, changed the password and nothing

Message 69 of 71 (1,333 Views)

@JazzyDeadpool  Did you also clear Internet Explorer's cache?  How to do so is already described above, in post #66.  Even if you never use IE, the TS3 launcher does for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorites.

If you're still having trouble, you can try dragging your entire TS3 folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  Then launch the game and try logging in again.  A clean folder will have spawned with no content and no record of your login credentials.  If you can now login, you can transfer your saves and other content from the old folder to the new one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 70 of 71 (1,322 Views)