The Sims 3 won't let me log in, and the welcome page is being weird

by PaholaKarely

Original Post

Re: The Sims 3 won't let me log in, and the welcome page is being weird

★★ Novice

what if you dont use internet explorer ? im still going to try this and hope it works..

Message 41 of 71 (1,665 Views)

EA Staff

@D4rk_Luna1 Yep, even if you don't use IE follow those steps in IEStandard smile

Let us know how you get on!

- Kristi

Message 42 of 71 (1,650 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i don't have an orgin account but i have a steam account and thats where i gt the game. i dont know what a cache is and im not the smartest person with a computer. it wont let me download my cc that i wanted to download with out logging in and i really do wanna try out some of this stuff. :C

Message 43 of 71 (1,629 Views)

★ Novice

I am having this same issue, it has been going on since last night. I just reinstalled and need to have the sims 3 launcher logged in so I can download my store purchases. I can log in on the web site and on origin but not with the launcher. I had to reinstall because I had too much CC and it was so slow and CAS crashed constantly so I needed to reduce it to only the items I have pretty consistently used.

Message 44 of 71 (1,617 Views)

EA Staff
Message 45 of 71 (1,614 Views)

★ Novice

That worked, I hated doing it because I *never* clear my browser cache because of the sites that depend on cookies and the browsing history which helps me find sites I have visited but not bookmarked (I have way too many bookmarks to sort through) and chrome's feature that shows me when I last visited a site.

Message 46 of 71 (1,611 Views)

★ Novice

I'm going through the same issue right now.

Message 47 of 71 (1,584 Views)

★★ Novice

This is happening to me now. did you get a fix for it? Disappointed

Message 48 of 71 (1,582 Views)

★ Novice

Is the Sims 3 server down again? I noticed this topic is from last year, and the reason was solved. But the same thing is happening to me now. I can log in to the EA sites fine, including The Sims 3 site. But it won't let me log on in-game. And the welcome page is indeed "being weird".

Message 49 of 71 (1,576 Views)

★ Novice

Honeyflame, and everyone else, the solution on http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/The-Sims-3-won-t-let-me-log-in-and-the-welcome-page-is-being/m-p... does indeed work, I just tried it, and everything is back to normal now. I hope it works for you too. If you are using Edge, select, "Open with Internet Explorer" and you should be able to follow the steps Standard smile

Message 50 of 71 (1,574 Views)