Re: The Sims 3 store custom content will not install "the process could not be started" wi

by crinrict

Original Post

The Sims 3 store custom content will not install "the process could not be started" window appears.

★★★ Newbie

Okay, I'm going to get down to it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my game at least 7 times. I am using a windows 7 PC and I have never had this problem before untill about 5 months ago when I decided to download and install my custom content from the sims 3 store. the items download into the sims 3 game luancher with no problem, however when I try to install the items a window appears that reads "the process could not be started". Please do NOT tell me to clear my cache I ALREADY HAVE, there is no cache to clear!! I have uninstalled all of my expansion packs and stuffs packs and the base game as well. Twice in the past hour I have reinstalled and uninstalled the base game to try it again and it STILL doesnt work. I have spent over $250 on store content ($254.40 to be exact) and I would like to play with it. Please please please, give me a solution or at least reimburse me the money I spent on all that custom content! Thank you!

Message 1 of 6 (178 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 store custom content will not install "the process could not be started" wi

Hero

Where you ever able to install any content ?

Could you check what files/Sizes you have in the following folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims3\DCCache

Is it just the installation of the content you have issue with or does the game not start anymore either ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (171 Views)

★★★ Newbie
There is nothing listed under the DCCache folder. Also the game plays just fine, it simply will not install custom content
Message 3 of 6 (163 Views)

Hero

Try starting the launcher/Origin as administrator.

Do you have admin rights on your computer ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (160 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am the admin of the computer
Message 5 of 6 (155 Views)

Hero

Did you try starting Origin/Launcher as administrator ? (right click on Icon, start as administrator)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (150 Views)