The Sims 3 not launching?

by IXxNanaxXl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 not launching?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I recently reformatted my computer and it's not letting the Sims launch at all. It's not a Mac ( I honestly have no idea what it is). Whenever I click the short cut on the desktop it says 'The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000135)'. I'm uninstalled and reinstalled at least 3 times and nothing. :/ And I tried the bypass thingy, but I can't cause the thing to click reads TS3.rtp

Can anyone help me? D:

Message 1 of 6 (1,149 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 3 not launching?

Hero

No file called: TS3W.exe ?

Try uninstalling following the instructions here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall and then try installing again when everything is gone.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,180 Views)

All Replies

Hero

You mean you don't know what kind of computer you have or that you have a mac and you don't think the mac is the issue ?

If you reformatted your computer, you re-installed everything, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,138 Views)

★★ Novice

I think I have a windows, but I'm not 100% sure. And yes I reinstalled everything.

Message 3 of 6 (1,133 Views)

Hero

No file called: TS3W.exe ?

Try uninstalling following the instructions here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall and then try installing again when everything is gone.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (1,181 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok, so now it works, kinda. Like, there's a TS3.exe and like, there's no folder in the EA folder, I found it in the Origin Games folder. And whenever I click it, it'll go to a black screen with the mouse in the hour glass shape, and I can't exit out or anything, so I have to hold the power button on my computer to turn it off.

Message 5 of 6 (1,110 Views)

★★ Novice

Duuuude, we gots it xD! I did all that, then downloaded the patch manually and it's working now! Can I just say that I love you? :D

Message 6 of 6 (1,104 Views)