Re: The Sims 3 keeps crashing

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

The Sims 3 keeps crashing

★★★ Newbie

Hi. Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place, I've only just made an account and I'm new to the forums. 

The problem I have is that my Sims keeps crashing. I bought it a few months ago and have played a lot of it, but only the last few times I've tried to play I've had a problem. Today, I tried to play and whilst I was playing (specifically in Buy Mode) the music glitched and then it simply exited. No pop up saying "the sims 3 is not responding", it just minimised and exited. It's really frustrating because it has only recently started doing this and I just want to play. Here is some other key information that may help find an answer: 

Operating system is Windows 8 

It has crashed during buy mode both times 

I can play for about 10 minutes before it crashes 

No expansions installed 

Please help if you can, any ideas will be much appreciated 

Standard smile

Message 1 of 2 (188 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 keeps crashing

@daisydovah  Don't worry, you're in the right place.  TS3 can crash for so many different reasons, it's best to just gather a bunch of information and then start crossing off possiblilties.  So it would be really helpful if you could run a dxdiag and attach the results here (use the button next the paper clip icon).  Also, you have no packs, but do you have mods or cc?  Third-party content can also cause a variety of problems.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-PC-Only/m-p/1049584/thread-id/47181

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (185 Views)