Re: The Sims 3 disk authorization failure. Please insert the Sims 3 seasons disk

by purplesocks281

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 disk authorization failure. Please insert the Sims 3 seasons disk

★★★ Novice

Hey!

So I have been getting the disk authorization failure whenever I would launch the Sims 3. I have a Macbook and physical copies of the game disks which I bought online form the origin website. (I have WA, ambitions, late night, pets, generations, seasons, diesel, and master suite)

Basically this started happening after I installed a store content patch last week.

I did all the suggestions that I read on other forums, but the only thing that worked was removing my DCcache.

I also tried reinstalling the patch that didn't work either.

I only have store content that I bought from the Sims website. No CC.

once I remove all my store content I can play the game no problem.

But I have at least 30 dollars worth of store content and I want to use it.

How do I play my game without getting that annoying message and with my store stuff.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 8 (2,843 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 3 disk authorization failure. Please insert the Sims 3 seasons disk

Hero

See if it's the cars.

I know it's a pain but something is causing this on macs and it would be great if it was just a few items and not all Store content. Don't know what else you can try but weeding through everything.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (2,853 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Could you install just one item to see if it's ALL store stuff or just one particular one ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (2,830 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

yeah i did that, i uninstalled everything deleted my old DCcache folder and installed like 4 hairstyles and some outfits, and the game worked. so i tried to do the same again so i installed the cars (the prius and etc.) and some furniture and it didn't work. so it definately some items but its gonna be difficult to sort everything out.

Message 3 of 8 (2,828 Views)

Hero

See if it's the cars.

I know it's a pain but something is causing this on macs and it would be great if it was just a few items and not all Store content. Don't know what else you can try but weeding through everything.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (2,854 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I know this might be an old comment but I also have a MacBook with the exact same problem. I triet everything but the problem wouldn't want to go away. It got so bad I coulcn't even play the game anymore. So I uninstalled it, downloaded the Origin version (through the Origin downloader) and it works PERFECT ever since! I never even experience lagging anymore. So try doing that. You won't need your disc ever again
Message 5 of 8 (2,616 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I probably should have mention then you have another problem... The game won't save, it just crashes every time you save something. So I am still stuck with a problem! Any suggestions to solve the saving problem?
Message 6 of 8 (2,606 Views)

★★ Novice

Well, I don't have a reply to your problem, but my computer used to do the same thing, and then I got origin. But it just started doing it again even though I have origin.

Message 7 of 8 (2,582 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think there's a much better way of solving it for good. Sure, it takes a while, like a day, but, in the end, it's totally worth it. I had this problem constantly in the past, and I was literally crying with frustration. But, once I came across this, my proplems were immeditely solved. 

Step 1. Make sure you have Origin downloaded onto your computer.

Step 2. Make sure you have the game you had the failure with registered on Sims 3 website.

Step 3. Now uninstall the games you have on your computer, including the Sims 3 base game itself. This includes all EP's and SP's.

Step 4. Choose the base game on MY GAMES and download it. As this is the main game, it will take the longest to download.

Step 5. After that has finshed downloading, choose the EP you were having trouble with (if you were having trouble with an EP/SP and not just the base game) and download that, too. 

Step 6. Once it had finshed downloading, you can click Play and play it without the problem appearing. Sure, it may be a but of a pain to set up, but it'll DEFINETELY help!!!

Hope this helped you! Happy simming Confusedmileyhappy:!

@crinrict wrote:

See if it's the cars.

Message 8 of 8 (2,138 Views)