Re: The Sims 3 crashes when I try to save after building.

by Rhydden13

Original Post

The Sims 3 crashes when I try to save after building.

★★ Novice

I am trying to build a new house for my sims in the Sims 3, but it crashes each time I try to save, even if I have just put up a couple walls and nothing else. I have checked my computer and it meets/exceeds all the requirements to run the game. I am running it on a new laptop with Windows 7. I have World Ambitions, High-End Loft, Ambitions, Fast Lane, Late Night, Outdoor Living, Generations, Town Life, Pets, Master Suite, Showtime, Katy Perry's Sweet Treats, Diesel, Supernatural, and Seasons. I tried turning off the weather under Options, as per a suggestion I read elsewhere, but that didn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am getting sick of building the same house over and over.

Message 1 of 8 (2,928 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Here's my DxDiag:

System Information

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130104-1431)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.3GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Display Devices

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Not sure if there is anything else I need to include -- if so just let me know.

Thanks.

Message 2 of 8 (2,904 Views)

Hero

This issue is related to building walls.

Not sure on what triggers it but it might be connected to either the weather or the christmas lights. Make sure to turn the christmas lights for your home off and also turn off any snow or weather effect.

Check this thread for details: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/619581.page

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (2,900 Views)

★★ Novice

I did turn off the weather, but didn't even think about Christmas lights, I didn't even realize I had put them up on this house. Will give that a try and see if it works. I'll take a look at the link as well.

I ended up just making my house and then saving a copy of the family (including house) to the library, then started a new game with them. Not really a great solution though, cause it reset the whole neighborhood and my sims lost all their completed challenges in the skill journal :/ Oh well. 

Anyways, thank you for the response, crinrict, I will give that a go.

Message 4 of 8 (2,893 Views)

Hero

It is a bug and EA is working on it. We can only hope for a fix with the next patch which we can expect in June.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (2,890 Views)

★ Novice

It's 2017 and the bug still not fixed?

Ivé got the same problem, i just tested with one wall, and the screen keeps saving over 30min, then i restarted my computer.

Stiil got the same computer and in the beginning there was no problem included same mods.

I build nice house and garden, and all gone...... Devil

BTW, when do we get free simcoins?

Message 6 of 8 (1,720 Views)

★★★ Novice

I can't say why it is doing it to you but I had issues with the same thing just a couple days ago. That and error 12 when saving. I cleaned out a lot of my game stuff of all unused items (objects, sims items & cc etc) clicked on repair game (it went thru all my expansion pks) reset my internet and it seems to have worked or at least worked itself out. I noticed every time origin updates it causes issues. Maybe just try that and see if it helps. 

Message 7 of 8 (1,714 Views)

★ Novice
OK, so after some struggle, I was able to overcome this issue... Removed all user data (by deleting the Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/). Then I went about restoring my mods a few at the time. Some mods just don't age well - especially ones that modify game functions....
Message 8 of 8 (1,075 Views)